Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

There seems to be a trend on this site to convert jet fighters/bombers to turbo prop. Well done Glen.

Glenn

Frigate Bird...been there, done that!
I did think of Jaeger, but it sounded too German for my liking....then again, I could put it in West German Marine markings.......I'll think about!
Glenn

Storm Petrel could work, especially in Dk Sea Grey and Sky finish......yes!

Stargazer

What about the Gloster Tern? Just a thought.

McColm

Glenn

Sorry, 'Doc Foster'...I don't get that?

Today, a Grumman F4F9 Martlet of the Royal Navy. If you look closely at her, you will notice the she now is a nose wheel aircraft and has two half tanks, one each side of the lower fuselage, to extend her range.

Model :Monogram 1/48 F4F Wildcat.
Glenn

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 11, 2012, 03:32:10 AM
Interesting  :thumbsup:

Concur!   A fascinating aircraft.

Did it have a cropped prop to save it from leaving unseemly gouges in the carrier deck?
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Tophe

Quote from: Tophe on August 06, 2012, 07:45:05 PM
The Sea-Fury being a 1944 plane (according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawker_Sea_Fury ), may I include this marvelous Twin-Sea-Fury in my topic about 1939-45-designed zwillings?
I included it today at http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,20326.1020.html with a huge delay (my FTP-Expert software is in a jam for weeks and at last I used the free FileZilla)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Glenn

When Bellanca released the Cruisemaster in the early 1950's it was suggested that a 'twin' could be designed as well. Well, five were built, the prototype and four production models.....this is one of them!

Model : Herka (?) 1/100 model for railway airfield.

If you remember the yellow sailplane and the twin light aircraft I built, and then butchered the sailplane to the 'Pink Passion', well...this is 'the twin light'!
Glenn

Glenn

This is the wing you never saw in "Raiders of the Lost Ark". This is the original design...with the five engine.

Scale:1/48

Construction ;Scratch built

Glenn

Tophe

NARSES2

Nice flying wing Glen, especially with the "odd" engine arrangement
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

I'd hate to have had to leave it in a hurry.....say, in flight!
Glenn

Tophe

With jettisonable propellers: no problem ;D