Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Glenn

Back in the last century, when I built the Tiger from 'Kelly's Heroes', I was left with the chassis and running gear of a Pz Mk VI Tiger 1, and the body and turret of a T-34. Well, it took time, but now I'm building the ultimate Tiger.

Glenn

Glenn

Having already built the Airfix model, I didn't fancy doing another....but what if the China Clipper was a Navy Patrol Boat? So, as the USN had a Boeing prototype XPBB-1, I thought this should be the PB1B that first flew in 1939.

Glenn

Tophe

Glenn,
Are you the one that added (PhotoShoped) the free bonus? or is the Navy version proposed in the kit?

Glenn

Tophe, my version will look slightly different.
Glenn

Glenn

After seeing the movie 'The Adventures of TinTin' I decided on buying the TV series on DVD. All the aircraft!
Anyhow, this is the high wing taildragger from 'Cigar of the Pharaoh'. It is scaled at 1/48 and is now finished. At present am working on the flyingboat from 'The Broken Ear'.
Glenn

Tophe

Glenn

Yes Tophe, it's balsa with the fuselage covered in bog and the wings covered in paper. The tail and tailplane are plasticard.
Glenn

Tophe

Do you hear my clapping hands at the other side of the Earth? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bow: :bow:

Glenn

OK, back to this Grumman XTB2F1, but now I've worked out what finish to put it in. USMC! As it would weigh 40.000lb, it couldn't be used on aircraft carriers, so, the Marine Corp used them for 'island hopping'. Taking off and landing from hard sand and PSP it was the ideal situation for this impressive airplane'
Once the dacals are done, then the spinning props and finally the clear canopy. (still working on that)
Glenn

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

It's amazing you know, how you buy a model purely on a whim, and then wonder why you bought it? Well, this Polish recon aircraft is one of those! I think the price had something to do with it also, as I was looking at the PX, and this was a few years ago.
Recently, I found the reason why I bought it, so there is a GOD of modelers out there....he doesn't tell you much except..'Buy that one...you don't really want it, but maybe you'll find a good use for it, eventually!'
Glenn

Tophe

Glory to this Lord of modelers... ;)
Was the prise $2.00 or $200?? :blink:

Glenn

Tophe, No body would pay any more than $2 for that kit!
Glenn