Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Go4fun

Quote from: Glenn on December 18, 2012, 07:11:17 PM

After seeing the movie 'The Adventures of TinTin' I decided on buying the TV series on DVD. All the aircraft!
Anyhow, this is the high wing taildragger from 'Cigar of the Pharaoh'. It is scaled at 1/48 and is now finished. At present am working on the flyingboat from 'The Broken Ear'.
Glenn
I love it. I'd like to see more good models of book legendary vehicles. Travis Magee's 'Ms Agnes' Rolls Royle Pick-up from John D. McDonald's books pop's right to mind.
"Just which planet are you from again"?

Tophe

OK, but what suddenly interesting will you do with it?
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Glenn

Now Tophe...that would be saying!
Today I'm back with the B-47...or should I say, B-56!

There isn't much you can do to modify a B-47, but one way is the B-56. Never built, but makes a nice model, never the less!
At present, everything is finished less the decals...and I'll have to think about that.
Glenn

Tophe

Your knowledge is higher than mine, Glenn. I had to read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_XB-56 to understand. Thanks!

McColm

Another kit to add to the list. I'm sure that I could modify the B-47. :banghead:

Rheged

Not an aircraft I knew about, but the model should serve as an exceptionally efficient numpty-boggling device. I await the finished , painted, decalled  machine!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Glenn

As the Spits finished at Mk 24, I thought I'd add two more..the 25~26.
Glenn

Tophe

Interesting... Will you be inspired by the Seafire Mk 47? or invent something completely new?

Glenn

Replacing the piston engine with a turboprop!
Glenn

McColm

Glenn

A rear gunner....., where am I going to find a 1/32sc rear gunner?
Anyhow, today I'm on something I was using as 'spare parts' but decided it needed a 'make over'!

It's still Russian, still a taildragger, and still a bomber as before....only now, the powerplant has been upgraded!
Glenn

Tophe

Where will you find a 1/32 turboprop exhaust pipe? We know you are the king or queen of scratchbuilding, dear Glenn...
For the upgraded Sturmovik, will there be a radial engine?

McColm

You could ask in Swap Shop for the parts you need. :banghead:

Glenn

Tophe...18 cylinder twin row radial engine. (1800~2000hp)
Yes, the engine is on, and boy...does it look different!
Glenn

PS Looking for parts for the Spit, no...I'll just scratchbuild them.

Sauragnmon

One could say it's an Su-6, the competitor to the Il-2, as the Su-6 had a radial engine for power..
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.