Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

This is the only Lockheed transport not made into a kit. Between Vega's to  Electra's but no one mentions the 'Air Express'.
Built in the late 1920's, this model is part Vega, with the engine cowling, prop and wheels off a Ryan 'Spirit of St. Louis'. At present, the wing and fuselage are finished, but not connected, I'll have to paint her first and work out what passenger/ freight line to put her in!
Glenn

Oh yeah...originally a AMT 1/48 Vega and Revell 1/48 Ryan.

Tophe

Thanks I did not know this one (Google explained at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_Air_Express ).
Your one seems a little different, what-if?
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

Quote from: Glenn on January 04, 2013, 06:42:00 PM
Tophe...18 cylinder twin row radial engine. (1800~2000hp)
Yes, the engine is on, and boy...does it look different!
Glenn
Outside the what-if fantasy, there has been a radial Il-2 M-82
see http://www.google.fr/search?q=Il-2-M-82&hl=fr&tbo=u&rlz=1G1SMSN_FRFR507&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=eE3sUPTZCsyThgeLsYG4Dw&ved=0CDYQsAQ&biw=1600&bih=773
or the book "Les Chtourmoviks" by Herbert LĂ©onard

Glenn

Tophe, well...you could knock me down with a condom! That IL2 radial engine bomber, I didn't know it existed!
With the Air Express, the one I'm building appears to be the prototype. Colours look like, dk blue fuselage with yellow cheat line around the cowling running thinner down to the tail. Wings in dopes silver.
Glenn

Glenn

I know what you're thinking......"A Truck, Why A Truck?"
Glenn

Glenn

This is for all the Dan Dare/EAGLE fans from the 1950~1960'. I painted this a few years ago. It's on masonite, the rough side and is 18 x 24 inches.
Glenn

Tophe

I was not born in the 1950s, and I was a baby in the late 1960s, but my opinion is that your art is marvelous... :bow:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

For those of you, 'not in the know'...this is the Beta Dart from Dr. Who and the Space Pirates, a 1968 story with the second Doctor.
The model is 14 inches long with a 7 inch span. I don't know what scale....as you really didn't know how big it was.
Scratch built in balsa.
Glenn

Captain Canada

Is that Air Express ever neat looking.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

McColm

trucks are good, I'm building two at the moment. A 66 and 67 Chevy, both based on station wagons.

Glenn

This is the template and two halves of the Dan Dare ship from 'Visit of the Earthmen' around 1961~62.
In the middle, is the half template and to the left, the top with cockpit marked and the undersides to the right.
The scale will be around the 1/25~1/32....once I make up the cockpit.
Glenn

Oh yeah....fibreglass.

Tophe

Your memories (or archives) are impressive: better than the whole Internet... (With Google, I find nothing for 'visit of the Earthmen' while for Dan Dare ship, it seems another one, together with your little green man: http://downthetubescomics.blogspot.fr/2012/09/haynes-to-publish-dan-dare-operations.html ) ;D

Rheged

Colonel Daniel  Dare   and  his sidekick Spaceman first class Albert Fitzwilliam Digby  flew both the Anastasia  and the Zylbat.   This looks like a Zylbat  shaped nose,but of  course I could be  mistaken.

I will admit to having had thoughts about Professor Joscelyn  Peabody........... but that was along time ago.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Glenn

Yeah, I always wanted to build Zylbat.....but with most Dan Dare space ships, the hardest bits are the canopies!
Glenn