Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

This is the 'Buzzard', a fixed wing version of the Blackhawk. NO, Tophe...she is not asymmetric...just haven't built up the other engine. The tailplane has to be extended and the undercart and defense pods...and, well, it's no where near being finished.
But, by this photo...you can see where I'm going.
Academy 1/72 Blackhawk.
Glenn

Glenn

The Sea Otter now has a lower wing. It's not positioned or sanded down to shape, but it is mounted.
Glenn

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 03, 2013, 01:53:50 AM
Old school balsa  :thumbsup:

It's good  stuff is balsa!  Sheets of it worked well in the 12 inch to the foot aircraft modelled by De Havilland,  both DH91 and DH98.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Tophe

Quote from: Glenn on January 29, 2013, 07:08:53 PM

This is the 'Buzzard', a fixed wing version of the Blackhawk. NO, Tophe...she is not asymmetric...
Alas, I cannot see the picture... :-\
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Glenn

Sorry Tophe, moved the image to library page, "not finished yet" and lost it! This is the Buzzard" a fixed wing of the Blackhawk. The other engine has not been built yet, and the tailplanes have to be longer...and everything else!

1/72 Academy model.

Glenn

Tophe

Marvelous! :wub: :thumbsup: :bow:
(It would be perfect that way, with a single asymmetric engine, even if you said there will be a second one :-\ ) ;D

kerick

Will you be using the standard Blackhawk gear or switching to conventional fixed wing style?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Glenn

She will be a fixed wing, twin turboprop design with multuse undercart pods, ie, floats/ski's/wheels....depending on the job.
Glenn

Tophe

Quote from: Glenn on February 04, 2013, 08:05:43 PM
She will be a fixed wing, twin turboprop design
Anyway, I keep the single-turboprop step as part of Aviation history... (at the end of my site http://www.kristofmeunier.fr/Asymm_addition.htm ) ;D
Thanks again, Glenn :cheers:

Glenn

This is the Moonbus from 2001:A Space Odyssey. As seen before, it is twice the size of the Aurora model which I thought was 1/50! Well, it's around 1/54, so my model is 1/26~1/27....that's ok as you can still use 1/24~1/25 scale figures. At this time, the rear section is finished up to the rear bulkhead. It's a bit hard working out the correct colour scheme, as shot, everything appears to have that silvery look.
Glenn

Father Ennis

No problem,use plan B.   You just tell anyone who ask :thumbsup:s that this "ISN'T THAT" Moonbus ... !!!   

Glenn

Back with the Hall PH-3 flyingboat. Just think, if I'd have been working for the USN in the 1930's, this boat would never have been finished!
I've been working on her for 18 months, and only have the tailplanes on.
The lower wings have been cut out, so I'll work on them in-between doing the tailplane struts.

Glenn

Tophe

Glenn

Now think of all the Grumman flyingboats that have been made into kits, but this one hasn't! This is converted from the Monogram 1/69 Albatross into a 1/48 scale............!
Go through the boats, start with the Duck and end with this one.

Glenn