Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

Quote from: Glenn on March 26, 2013, 07:13:07 PM

Someone said that they liked Zylbat.....well, here she is! It's one I'd like to build, but it's that canopy that will stuff me, unless I can find a vac-former?
Glenn

Depending on the scale you choose you could look at the vacuform packaging for specialty light bulbs. Almost a hemisphere and different size bulbs come in different size packaging. Pretty decent clarity to the plastic too.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Glenn

Light bulb containers.......now, why didn't I think of that, as I was shopping this morning!
Thanks for the hint.
Glenn

PS So, another Discworld fan....how many others are there?

NARSES2

Quote from: Glenn on April 04, 2013, 07:08:03 PM
PS So, another Discworld fan....how many others are there?

From previous conversations a lot I think.

Had the great privilege of having a chat with the man himself for a couple of hours at a DW Convention a few years ago. Me and a mate were chatting to the only couple in the hotel who were not attending the Convention and he came over. Was fascinated by their take on things and spent a few hours with us. By the time he went to bed he had two new life long fans and they bought all the paperbacks the following morning  ;D A really nice, genuine bloke.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

This started it's life as a M46, a 1/32 Lindberg model. Originally, I built it as a 'what if' movie Tiger....or it could be a us tank cut off from it's main group, and in camo to blend into the German armour around it, so it could get back to US lines.
Either way, a Yank Tank, but still in wolfs' clothing!
Glenn

NARSES2

It's very late 40's early 50's prototype looking Glen. Put a picture of that in a book and some would be looking for the official test reports  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

Hi guys, I put this photo on the TinTin page, so I thought I'd put it here as well!
This is the taildragger TinTin and Snowy use to escape Egypt from 'Cigar of the Pharaoh'. Going by the design, Id say, Fairchild~but....not with an inline engine. Could be a Renault or Gypsy....but don't quote me on it?

Glenn
1/48 scratch built

McColm

Glenn

Glenn

After the design of the P.197 and P.198, the P.199 was conceived. Looking like a cross between the first two fighters, the P199 first saw action in the spring of 1946 attacking a group of American flying wings.

Scale :1/72
Model used :MPM MiG 9 (and a little tweaking)
Glenn

NARSES2

Glenn

Last shot of the P.199 in the air....before I put the undercart on her.
Glenn

Tophe

Great P.199. I like the Tintin plane also :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Glenn

Only one outside country bought the Boeing B-56, and that was Canada. Used together with SAC, on patrol to Alaska and then back  home.

Revell 1/117 (?) B-47, minus two engines. RCAF decals put to good use.
Glenn

MiB

Quote from: Glenn on January 13, 2013, 06:07:48 PM

I know what you're thinking......"A Truck, Why A Truck?"
Glenn
Maybe...from The Expendables movie?  ;D
My virtual repaint site: http://hangarofmib.blogspot.com
--------------------------------------------------------
-"Unlimited technology from the whole universe, and we cruise around in a Ford POS?"

-"Nothing is as it seems, guy!"

Glenn