Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Quote from: Glenn on April 21, 2013, 07:09:47 PM
Only one outside country bought the Boeing B-56, and that was Canada. Used together with SAC, on patrol to Alaska and then back  home.
Revell 1/117 (?) B-47, minus two engines. RCAF decals put to good use.
Glenn
Google confirmed : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_XB-56
Just the roundels are unreal... but this is great enough! :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

Last shot, as Revell didn't supply any undercarriage with the kit. Even Frog had landing gear with their B-47.....God, that brings back memories....or was that Aurora?
Glenn

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Glenn

This is the latest in the RAN, the new F-16XL, (tailless) Manta.

Monogram 1/72 F-16XL ....minus the tail. (looked more interesting)
The colour scheme is a mixture of three acrylic colours....Emerald Green/ Light Green and Sunset Rose. All are AV colours. The idea came from watching a fashion parade on the news, and some of the designers used 'shot silk.'
Now, shot silk is made where one colour is threaded left to right, while the other colour is threaded north to south. Hence, as the fabric moves, it shimmers!
Glenn

Tophe

NARSES2

Quote from: Glenn on April 27, 2013, 07:20:04 PM
Monogram 1/72 F-16XL ....minus the tail. (looked more interesting)

Certainly does  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Glenn on April 27, 2013, 07:20:04 PM
Now, shot silk is made where one colour is threaded left to right, while the other colour is threaded north to south. Hence, as the fabric moves, it shimmers!
Glenn

Now you learn something new everyday if you listen or read enough. Always wondered how it worked
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

Final shot of The Manta, before I add it's undercarriage.
Glenn

Glenn

Originally for the Isle of Man Air Wing, this Avia B-35 found it's way to the RAF just before the Battle of Britain. Don't ask how....it just did... anyhow it was test flown by the RAF and then sent to a Czech squadron as a 'hack' aircraft.

Glenn

KP 1/72 scale

Tophe

NARSES2

Looks at home in those markings  :thumbsup:

Glenn

Last shot before I set it in front of a hanger.
Glenn

McColm

Glenn

I called this photo USN/HMS/KMS as it is the Buchanan/ Campbeltown/German Z class torpedo boat. This is (of course) the Revell model (tfb) and have modified her to resemble the Z boat. Looking at said Z boats, it would have looked more like the KMS boat if they had removed the second and fourth funnel rather than the third and fourth.
Glenn

Father Ennis

That's really Kool !!!  You got any more pictures ?  I just love that kit and boat models !!!  Let's see more,please ...