Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

I took this shot about a month ago at the corner of Stewart and Waterworks roads at a little after 9AM after going to the bank for mum. First I saw this new Holden SS silver ute, and a trailer behind it. This was on the trailer......and am fortunate I wasn't wearing jeans!
I tapped the side window, he slid it down and I asked...."Is IT real?" when he nodded yes!
Later I found it on the web, a 1941 BMW R12 cycle. The first to have a 4 speed gearbox.
I hope he doesn't have an M4 next time.....he'll need a bigger trailer!
Glenn

sturmvogel

Nice catch! I drew the engine of an R75 (I think) a couple of months ago in copic marker. It took over 6 hours to finish.
"Helos don't fly, they vibrate so hard the ground rejects them." -Tom Clancy

Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off

Glenn

That art work is beautiful!
Glenn

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

sturmvogel

"Helos don't fly, they vibrate so hard the ground rejects them." -Tom Clancy

Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off

Glenn

So now, the Rhein construction is finished! Now, to work out a paint scheme......and the right decals!
Glenn

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Father Ennis

Now that is an outstanding aircraft,indeed !!!!!!    I suggested overall gloss black with a flame paint job,perhaps ?????? 

Glenn

To me, West German Police came to mind.
Glenn

NARSES2

Quote from: Glenn on May 30, 2013, 07:10:26 PM
To me, West German Police came to mind.
Glenn

Definately some form of non military spotter

Glenn

All I've left now, in construction is engine cowling detail and wheels....then painting and decals.
Going to finish her off as RAF Transport Command, Aden in the 1960's. I have a shot of one in colour so it shouldn't be too much trouble.
Glenn

Father Ennis

Wicked Kool ... !!!    Is the other one finished ?

Glenn

Yeah, I know the model I need is an M3A3, but after buying all these three models at a total value of around $100, enough is enough!
I'll use all three to make the one from the movie, and the remains of three tanks left over, for something else.
As with the Rhein, no mate... she won't be finished 'till later this year. Did buy decals for her this week, so that's a start!
Glenn

Glenn

You know my love of 'armour from movies' well, this is slightly different! This is one of three vehicles from one movie....I won't say 'what movie' as yet, but as the construction moves along see if 'the penny drops'!
Glenn