Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Interesting project of YF-22¾ ! Thanks! :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Some interesting stuff since I last checked in ! Love the Beowolf...and the Ki is pretty cool as well ! Removing the gear from a Stuka really cleans her up eh ?

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Glenn

Yeah, I suppose if the Ju-87 had had retractable undercart, it would have made it heavier....?
Anyhow, today we are with Arado, working out how to finish it off!
Glenn

Captain Canada

Never seen that kit...quite the bomb ! E381 ?  Beautiful artwork as well. I'd recommend finishing it with glue and paint...... :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Glenn

Funny, very funny! Can't work on the E 381,as I used it with a FW-190 as an asymeteric prototype a few years ago, and the engines from the Blitz....used for something else! Bugger!
Glenn

Tophe

Captain Canada

Ooh..that is nice indeed ! Thanks Tophe. Funny how somat can be asymmetric, yet look right all at the same time ? That little bomb could also be used as a scale-o-rama subject...reminds me of that German VSTOL transport !

:drink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Gondor

Quote from: Captain Canada on September 09, 2013, 07:33:03 PM
Never seen that kit...quite the bomb ! E381 ?  Beautiful artwork as well. I'd recommend finishing it with glue and paint...... :thumbsup:

The E381 was a proposed rocket powered manned interceptor. The version in the box top artwork is the prone pilot version, there was also a more normal seating version proposed as well. Thankfully for the proposed pilot's it never got off the drawing board.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Glenn

This is a 1/35 tank diorama built by a Russian company...MiniArt. All buildings are vacform with plastic pieces such as doors/windows/outside lights/walls and gates. A nice set-up and this is the farm building. (I think) I intended building a whole village but looked like crap and took up too much space, so individual sets will be the go. Now I have to fill it up, vehicles/ soldiers and of course...tanks.
If you look closely,a bit of humour as well!
Glenn

Old Wombat

Obviously a farm building in a Gaulish village, with its own menhir removal business, that held out against the Germans for the duration of the war. ;D

:cheers:

Guy
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

This is the Mallard, the only Grumman flyingboat not done as a plastic kit. Converted from an Albatross by lengthening the nose in front of the wing and the same with the rear between the trailing edge and rear door.
The Monogram model is 1/69, the Mallard is now 1/49.
Glenn

Tophe

Glenn

Back in the late 1950's to early '60's I was introduced to the Aurora knights. Except for the one in question, I still have the others.....although all needed work to display them!

The Silver Knight needed a sword, as it was lost in time.
The Red Knight needed a clean and varnish and his face needed work, as with my early painting looked as if he'd been dead for a week.
The Black one needed a face-lift and a new lance and the Blue needed a complete overhaul.
Now to the big Gold one on the 'orse......well, between the early 1960's and 80's I lost him altogether...at one point we had a Richard 111 situation, "a rider, a rider....my kingdom for a rider!" But, now with Monogram re-vamping the model, I'll have the full set!

Recently, I needed a 1/8~1/9 figure........and now I have one, no eleven................explain later!
Glenn