Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Oh nostalgia, I built a few of those as a kid. Loved them  :wub:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

Yeah, me too.........do you have them any more?
Glenn

NARSES2

No Glenn they went a long, long time ago
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

With the original four knights, I have the USAF pilot........!
Glenn

NARSES2

Captain Canada

I recall you working on the Mallard a long way back. Glad to see it's still on the go.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Glenn

Yeah Capt'n, the only problem now will be that someone like Trumpeter will build one....before I finish it! But, then again, I'll have a set of decals...no?

Back in the dim dark days, I started building a Heller Ju-52/3m, well....now it looks a little different. The leading edge of the wing is now straight, and the trailing edge is pushed up at the tip. It is all going to plan for I know, no one in going to build a G-31.
Glenn

Tophe

Quote from: Glenn on September 22, 2013, 07:21:12 PM
I started building a Heller Ju-52/3m, well....now it looks a little different.
The nose with putty seems for a 2m, right?
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Glenn

Yeah Tophe....the G-31 is more bulky than the 52/3m. Close in size but this model came out in the late 20's. Lets say a younger brother.
Glenn

Tophe

Quote from: Glenn on September 16, 2013, 07:21:34 PM
This is the Mallard, the only Grumman flyingboat not done as a plastic kit.
Have you considered making a tilt-wing derivative like this http://www.aviastar.org/helicopters_eng/kaman_k-16.php ? ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Glenn

This space ship is from Dr. Who and the Space Pirates (1968) four part story. The model is made from balsa and covered in auto bog, varnished and then sprayed in chrome silver.
Having one episode of the story on video 'T

Glenn

Troughton Years' helped a lot.
The model is 370mm long with a span of 180mm....and with the scale? Don't know how big is was meant to be?

Glenn

Sorry about the previous post...don't know what happened there!

McColm

Quote from: Glenn on September 23, 2013, 12:08:46 AM
Yeah Tophe....the G-31 is more bulky than the 52/3m. Close in size but this model came out in the late 20's. Lets say a younger brother.
Glenn
Is that the single engine version ?

Captain Canada

That G-31 looks pretty wild ! Way beefier than the -52.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Glenn

The G-31 is a tri-motor like the 52 but made a bit earlier. I intend building her as one from a PNG mission/mining company 1941/42.............eventually!
Glenn