Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

Sorry, never thought of them.....but yes, I remember now, thanks guys!

Glenn (the dummy)

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

Glenn

Today we're back with the SM 55X with it's wing almost ready for sanding and bogging. It's going to take a while.....but as I'm on a pension, I'm not going anywhere!
Glenn

Oh yeah, 1/48sc.

Captain Canada

Love that little jet ! Looks great in those colours.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

loupgarou

Quote from: Glenn on September 05, 2014, 12:11:10 AM

Today we're back with the SM 55X with it's wing almost ready for sanding and bogging. It's going to take a while.....but as I'm on a pension, I'm not going anywhere!
Glenn

Oh yeah, 1/48sc.

Nice! An undeservedly neglected aircraft (and one of my favourites)!
Even the 1/96 Glencoe reissue of the ancient ITC isn't easy to find.
Are you using balsa wood for the wings?
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

JayBee

Quote from: Mr.Creak on September 03, 2014, 09:09:08 PM
Quote from: Glenn on September 03, 2014, 08:40:02 PM

Now, I know this is a Wren model...and actually...the best of them I've ever built! But what it is, has me stumped!
It is either a Shorts or a Handley Page experimental aircraft but can't find the kit box to be sure.
Very reminiscent of the Boulton Paul P111A.

That is indeed what it is, even the serial is correct.
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Tophe

Quote from: Glenn on September 05, 2014, 12:11:10 AM
Glenn
Oh yeah, 1/48sc.
Big and great! Congratulations! :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Glenn

Yeah, the 55X is made from balsa but the wing spars are brass tubing. I believe in strength!
Glenn

Glenn

This started off as a KP Siebel 204 in 1/72 scale....and with a little tweeking you can turn it into a 1/48 four seater of Czech design. I didn't do the canopy in clear, as I can't and didn't think it mattered as once finished, only a handful would see it.

The tail and tailplane are next, then the hard bit....the engines!
Glenn

Tophe

This harmonious rare silhouette :wub: , with "integrated canopy", makes me dream of similar Mustangs. I will draw them, thanks! :thumbsup:

EDIT: done at http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,4461.msg650628.html#msg650628 thanks again!
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

I've got the Delta2 kit of the SM 55 but I've never had an inkling of what to do with it other then real world
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 06, 2014, 05:13:06 AM
I've got the Delta2 kit of the SM 55 but I've never had an inkling of what to do with it other then real world

I've got one too.

Perhaps we should combine them to make an SM110 and REALLY blow Tophe's mind?  ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

loupgarou

Quote from: Flyer on September 06, 2014, 06:44:34 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on September 06, 2014, 05:13:06 AM

Italian anti-ship? Should get at least four-six torpedo's between the hulls...

That would be real world, sorry!  :lol:
One of the first uses was as a military torpedo bomber. And there were studies about transporting small assault boats.
What about a PorcoRosso version? Someone,  I think JC Carbonel. has done one.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Glenn

and now for something completely different.........as Flash, Dale and Prof. Zarkov fly to Mongo searching for Prince Precious.....oh, sorry..wrong movie!

The ship is 1/48sc and is built around the Revell 1/32 Bell X-1.

Glenn