Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

:wub: Wonderful "improved rocket-X-1", thanks for sharing with us! :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Captain Canada

That is wonderful ! Looks like it could transition between atmosphere and space. The crew door is a nice touch, adds scale as well. Nice one L
!~ :cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

Flash, Dale and Zarkov look for a landing spot, while the film crew look for the script!

Glenn

Captain Canada

They must use cameras for downward vision  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

loupgarou

Very nice retro-SF!  :thumbsup:
I am still trying to figure how you saw the making of this looking at the X-1. :blink:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Glenn

If you look at the shape of the fuselage, you can see the shape of the space ship....let me explain, the cockpit of the X-1 has that rounded look, and with the canopy...the exact shape. The rear of the fuselage is a smaller diameter so that meant the section of the wing, (leading edge to trailing edge)had to go!
Once these bits of butchering were done, joined the front and rear sections together, and the basic fuselage is done.....then just add the rockets, windows, wings, tails and undercart and that's it!

Anyhow, this is the flyingboat from TinTin and the Broken Ear. I've scaled it at around 1/72~1/87 and only needs the props and decals....

Glenn

Are there any aircraft in TinTin and the Land of the Soviets?

loupgarou

Thanks for the explanation, Glenn.
The flying boat is very pretty, what material did you use, wood?
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Tophe

Glenn

Most of my scratch build models are made from balsa. It's inexpensive, and easy to work with.

Today I'm back with 2 of 3 mobile movie props now with it's roll-bar and the rear body under construction.
Sc 1/35 and at present am making the folded canvas roof. It's amazing init, go looking for a Kubelwagen and for once in my life, there arn't any!
Anyhow, enough from me......

Glenn

Glenn

This is the Comet 1/23 sc. Curtiss Robin of the late 1920's. All I have to finish her off is to do the undercart, add the prop and the reg letters....
Glenn

Glenn

Back to 1 of 3 and yes...a 1/2 track. At this time we have the drive wheel in place but...at this present time, I'm working on the full undercarriage!

A big job, but getting there!

Glenn

Glenn

Rear view of the boat from 'The Broken Ear'........
Glenn

Tophe

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.