Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

Built to replace the M4 and M26, the M46 Patton was reported as the Mr. Ugly of the US Army Tank Corp and something had to be done about it! In 1947, one production model went for a 'refit', and this is the result!
The M46/09 was sent for evaluation testing in Maryland. With the new turret, extra weight and side skirting put a new profile to 'the beast', but did not improve the performance, so no more were converted.
Glenn

Lindberg 1/32 M46 Patton.

Captain Canada

Now that's what I'm talking about ! Love the look of it. Great photo as well.

:wub:

Nice job Glenn !

:tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Looks good!!  Are you an Asterix reader?  The garage sign behind the tank suggests so!!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Glenn

Love Asterix.....love the in jokes......the character names.....the art work, need I say more?

Glenn

Tophe

Quote from: Glenn on February 09, 2015, 06:17:04 PM
Love Asterix.....love the in jokes......the character names.....the art work, need I say more?
Glenn
The artist making the drawings of Asterix was Uderzo and before that huge Asterix success, he was he artist making the aircraft drawings of "Tanguy and Laverdure", do you know that serials? not funny but I loved that too when I was a kid. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Uderzo and http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanguy_et_Laverdure .
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Captain Canada on February 08, 2015, 07:27:15 PM
Now that's what I'm talking about ! Love the look of it. Great photo as well.

Nice job Glenn !

Second that - nice work and photo. The photo background (painted?) is also subtle, but works perfectly. Just the edited picture foreground looks a bit rough/artificial? But I like the overall arrangement VERY much.  :thumbsup:

bodgybuilder

Great photo Glenn. The tank repairer is a nice touch.
Matthew
Can we bodge it?.......Uh.......Yeah, I think so

NARSES2

Quote from: Glenn on February 09, 2015, 06:17:04 PM

Glenn

Me to  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

Colour view of 'Mr. Ugly'.

Glenn

Hi Matthew, how was Christmas?

Captain Canada

Nice one !

Thanks for posting these pics Glenn !

:wub: :wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Glenn

It's funny, but seeing that shot in colour......it reminds me of a Centurion tank?
Glenn

Captain Canada

It does have a similar kind of shape. Kind of. And they have been known to where a similar camo !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Glenn

This is a Matchbox 1914 Prince Henry Vauxhall scaled somewhere around 1/45 but is the vehicle I'm going to use to make the 1924 Mercedes Benz cabrolet from the first TinTin book. Long way to go by first, cutting down the rear of the car and changing it's shape, removing the windscreen and spare tire and changing the grill. Much easier that a 1939 La Salle hearse!
Glenn

Glenn

How to convert a Snark missile into an interceptor from some Gerry Anderson show!

Revell 1/81/now 1/72 ....the canards are form a 1/144 F-14 Tomcat.