Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

Another 'Quick Copy' or, a mixture of two...I think.
Glenn

Tophe

Is this a scale model or a true photograph in London?
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Captain Canada

Nice one Glenn ! I've always wanted to do a streetscape. One of these days. My idea is from an old Ace Combat video game, where they had Kamov choppers in a downtown setting. Looked really cool and somat you might see in a war. I'll probably wait until I have more time/ money and do it in HO scale so it can be used for an actual train set afterwards.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Glenn

This is a 1/72 vacform Bristol Brigard from 'Gerald J. Elliott'. The model is easy to assemble and once finished the fun will begin........how to finish it!

Glenn

Captain Canada

Always liked the aeroplane....but never have seen it modelled. Great stuff

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Elliott vacforms are not for the fainthearted, that's looking better than the ones I've tried already! Well done Glenn.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

Quote from: Glenn on April 10, 2015, 07:25:54 PM
This is a 1/72 vacform Bristol Brigard from 'Gerald J. Elliott'.
Google told me this is probably a mistyping for Bristol Brigand, is it? :unsure: :unsure:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

Quote from: Tophe on April 12, 2015, 02:35:51 AM
Quote from: Glenn on April 10, 2015, 07:25:54 PM
This is a 1/72 vacform Bristol Brigard from 'Gerald J. Elliott'.
Google told me this is probably a mistyping for Bristol Brigand, is it? :unsure: :unsure:

Well spotted Tophe. Yes it is a Brigand. I read what I thought it said and missed that
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

Back with the S-38A and now we have both engine narcells. Next, the engine struts which fit at the leading edge of the top wing and onto the leading edge of the narcell. It is starting to look like it was designed by the person who designed the Sydney Harbour bridge......that's probably why I like it so much!
Glenn

Sorry about the misspelling of the Bristol.

bodgybuilder

Hello Glenn
It is looking good. Should there be struts at the outer limits of the lower wings to triangulate the load?
Matthew
Can we bodge it?.......Uh.......Yeah, I think so

Glenn

'Matthew, there are 'v'struts from the outside of the engines to that dint in the lower wing, and then pushed out at the tips, front and back of the wings, also at the back of the engine narcells, one from the lower wing to the rear of the narcell and one from the upper wing to the top rear of the narcell. I hope I have enough wood!

Hows' things your end?

Glenn

seavixen

To my eye the engine 'nacelles' look to be different sizes.
Stackridge: Rhubarb Thrashers of the World Unite

Glenn

Sorry, best I could do........if it pleases you to rubbish it, just go right ahead....I couldn't give a rats'.................

Captain Canada

Looking good Glenn ! I'm guessing they are the same size, it's just the angles are a wee bit different. Be hard to line everything up perfectly with all those struts, bells, whistles and Sydney Harbour Bridge bits !   :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?