Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Interesting Glenn. I assume that is an enlarged turret rather than just a bustle ? Does it still have the 75mm or has it been upgunned in some way ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

Yes, you're right...the weapon does look like me standing in front of an African Elephant...something so small in front of something so BIG! It will be changed...maybe an 88, or even a 76. 2 mm from a Firefly...don't know yet!
Glenn

Captain Canada

Love the 166 Glenn ! The tank is looking good too  :cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Ah I can see the turret now Glenn  :thumbsup:

Would suit a 88mm of a King Tiger ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Unless you're going WW3 '46, in which case a British 17-pdr might be more likely, upgrading to the 20-pdr later.

If it's going into battle against the Allies, it may as well surrender now rather than face the Centurion. ;)

Quote from: wikipediaAn Australian Army Mk 3 Centurion Type K, Army Registration Number 169041, was involved in a small nuclear test at Emu Field in Australia in 1953 as part of Operation Totem 1. Built as number 39/190 at the Royal Ordnance Factory, Barnbow in 1951 it was assigned the British Army number 06 BA 16 and supplied to the Australian Commonwealth Government under Contract 2843 in 1952.

It was placed less than 500 yards (460 m) from the 9.1 kt blast with its turret facing the epicentre, left with the engine running and a full ammunition load. Examination after detonation found that it had been pushed away from the blast point by about 5 feet (1.5 m), pushed slightly left and that its engine had stopped working, only because it had run out of fuel. Antennae were missing, lights and periscopes were heavily sandblasted, the cloth mantlet cover was incinerated, and the armoured side plates had been blown off and carried up to 200 yards (180 m) from the tank. Remarkably, though, it could still be driven from the site. Were the tank manned, the crew would have likely been killed by the shock wave.

169041, subsequently nicknamed The Atomic Tank, was used in the Vietnam War. In May 1969, during a firefight, 169041 (call sign 24C) was hit by a rocket-propelled grenade (RPG). The turret crew were all wounded by shrapnel as the RPG entered the lower left side of the fighting compartment, travelled diagonally across the floor and lodged in the rear right corner. Trooper Carter was evacuated, while the others remained on duty and the tank remained battleworthy.

The Atomic Tank is now located at Robertson Barracks in Palmerston, Northern Territory. Although other tanks were subjected to nuclear tests, 169041 is the only one known to have withstood atomic tests and to go on for another 23 years of service, including 15 months on operational deployment in a war zone.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Glenn

We're back with the Guillow Fokker DVII to see it in the colour scheme I chose. This scheme came from an Edwards model as I thought all the Circus Squadron schemes were too over the top!
At present, the top wing is on and am presently working on the undercarriage.

Scale 1/18

Glenn

Tophe

Incredible scratch building once more! :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

Colour scheme on the DVII is very good

Glenn

Last model shot for a while.......back with the cars.

Glenn

Glenn

Back with the two Junkers...on the grass this time.

Glenn

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Tophe

Quote from: DogfighterZen on July 02, 2016, 06:42:14 PM
Those look very nice! :thumbsup:
Maybe not "nice" because this is the bad side, but they look very real... ;)

Glenn

With the Big Warplanes, they finished off at 32 when they could have made 200 more! Anyhow, this is the 1/144 Vickers Valiant taking off.....what annoyed me was, there were three V bombers and they never even bothered with the H.P. Victor.
Glenn

Tophe

Captain Canada

Great job on those ! Love the Valiant.

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?