Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

:-\ :-\

That's a bummer... no good solution. Even if you switched hosting sites and took the time to move the pictures, that doesn't exactly solve all the old ones going defunct. It''s one thing spending a day or few moving pictures.. it's another going back over 14 years of posts and re-posting each one. There HAS to be a solution, though...  Is there a way to maybe delete the last few pictures you uploaded so you can get back within the "limits" so that the old ones show back up again, THEN switch to another hosting site?

-Sprues McDuck-

kerick

I still have a Photobucket account but I got sick of their adds and switched to flickr. The photos are still there but all my newer stuff is on flickr.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Glenn

When Tophe introduced me to this site (all those years ago) I thought I was in heaven, and if I can't put photos on.....then THEY win!
I was a bit brash yesterday so it looks as if I need a Credit Card. Have to make decisions here, will be a week or so, but it looks like I've had to 'bite the bullet'!
Glenn

Tophe

This morning I wanted to upload a picture on Photobuket, but the login screen is in a jam. Going there again, there is a word "Pardon our dust... We are currently sprucing up our website to be faster, easier to use, and just plain better all around."
It seems there is a temporary problem.
Don't feel sad, just wait a few days (weeks?). Or try another way, as dear kerick was saying.
But please Glenn, don't say "Farewell, no more ever"...

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

bodgybuilder

Hello Glenn
I use flickr with no issues and no costs. Must be pretty simple if I can do it successfully. We just have to accept that we can no longer look at your previous works of art, and life is too short to upload them again.
Matthew
Can we bodge it?.......Uh.......Yeah, I think so

TheChronicOne

Seems like this is going on to a lot of people. Over the past couple of days I ran into this same thing happening in various places. Like Tophe was saying... perhaps after they get done monkeying about with the website, things will go back to normal. The beauty of this solution is that you don't have to do anything other than wait. 
-Sprues McDuck-

Tophe

Even if I am a paying user of Photobucket, it works no more this morning...
I tried flickr as suggested. I try here to post

It seems it does not work either.

Tophe

Or without the share adress but the source

Failure also... Is this forum dead so? (picture post part)

NARSES2

Quote from: Tophe on July 08, 2017, 03:26:53 AM
Or without the share adress but the source

Failure also... Is this forum dead so? (picture post part)

No Tophe.

You can still post pictures. I'm not sure how you do it from Flickr however but others will know
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: Tophe on July 08, 2017, 03:24:56 AM
Even if I am a paying user of Photobucket, it works no more this morning...
I tried flickr as suggested. I try here to post

It seems it does not work either.

What you have posted there Tophe is the URL of your "photostream".  If you go to that page and click on the picture you you want to show us it will open up that picture with some icons in the bottom right hand corner of the page.
If you click on the one that looks like a big arrow going up and to the right then it'll grey out the picture and give you a box that says "Share one phot to:" at the top.  Click on "BB Code" and then hit copy (the code should appear already highlighted).
That is the code you want to paste into here.

rf4z_bangue_2Z-2 by Christophe Meunier, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Tophe

Charlie_c67

Be aware that you also have a degree of control over the size of the image you post as well, it even suggests the sizes...
"If you've never seen an elephant ski, then you've never been on acid."

Tophe

Good news! This afternoon Photobucket is working again!

Go, Glenn, go! Please enjoy us again!

Glenn

As you can see, 'I bit the bullet '! I'm back with the bucket.....I could use the word, but no...I'll code it instead.
Not white, the other colour with a letter attached........and I'll say no more except "It's great to be back"!
Glenn

Tophe

Hurrah! Welcome again! Keep on enjoying us! :thumbsup: