Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

Back with the S38A flyingboat with only the tail, tailplane and engines to do. (decals/ wiring/retracted undercarriage, little things)
Glenn

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Glenn

Back with The Kite...wings slightly swept back.
Glenn

TheChronicOne

It now has the sinister "bird of prey" look.  :mellow: :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

Might look better with feathers?
Glenn

Glenn

I must tell you what happened about an hour ago....well, I've been cleaning up under the house and, having a brake, took this model up to the patio to work on.
As I went passed the lilo, and two chairs, I lost footing and fell forward on my knees and right upper body and arm.
When I recovered, in agony...I looked at the Arado (expecting it to be in a million pieces) it had escaped the crash undamaged.
If it had been an expensive model it would have been wrecked...but, Airfix is tougher than that!
Glenn

Lunch today started off with 3 painkillers!

TheChronicOne

Bud, you're lucky you didn't break a bone! Rest up and feel better.

Also good to hear the bird escaped damage.  :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

The human brain will subconciously try to save a precious item being carried when one falls.  Even if more damage to the body results.
I've certainly fallen a few times and saved my beer at the cost of some skin or bruises.
It is prolly an evolutionary development to protect, drinks, models or even, at a pinch children.

Hope you feel better.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

I have to co-sign on that...

I nearly broke my wrist and wound up in immense pain in a sling for a few weeks after wrecking my bike while carrying a 40 ounce thing of beer. Beer came out unscathed but the next morning I was in the ER.

Must be kind of like the cat reflex!
-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

Ooooh painful. Hope it feels better soon mate
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

The important (the miracle) is "the model is safe!" (and the modeller seems still alive) ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Bungle

Once took a catch at a Twenty20 match. Ball was going over my head so I stuck up my right hand and thud ! snaffled the ball. I should add I was in the crowd and everyone around me was more surprised that I hadn't spilt any of the beer held in my left hand or dropped the burger I had clenched between my teeth.

So I saved the important things. Next day sore head due to the amount of beer bought for me and ..... a broken middle finger !  :wub: :wub:
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Bungle on October 13, 2017, 07:35:46 AM
Once took a catch at a Twenty20 match. Ball was going over my head so I stuck up my right hand and thud ! snaffled the ball. I should add I was in the crowd and everyone around me was more surprised that I hadn't spilt any of the beer held in my left hand or dropped the burger I had clenched between my teeth.

So I saved the important things. Next day sore head due to the amount of beer bought for me and ..... a broken middle finger !  :wub: :wub:

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sorry to laugh so much, but it reads like an episode of some TV show about accidents.

Was the batsman given 'Out' though?  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 13, 2017, 08:50:33 AM
Quote from: Bungle on October 13, 2017, 07:35:46 AM

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sorry to laugh so much, but it reads like an episode of some TV show about accidents.

Was the batsman given 'Out' though?  ;)

Not out.  Ball was over the boundary when caught.  So a six or a four depending on if it bounced.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..