Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Lowe

Sexton no, but give them time - they're addressing things other than Tigers and Panthers now... sometimes, anyway...

The Ram was done by Verlinden a while ago, but I understand it had issues.

NARSES2

Quote from: Rick Lowe on January 11, 2018, 02:23:37 AM

The Ram was done by Verlinden a while ago, but I understand it had issues.

Like price ?  :angel: Seriously I wasn't aware he'd done armour kits, just thought it was conversions etc
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 12, 2018, 06:28:11 AM

Like price ? 

;D ;D :thumbsup:

And accuracy...

It was more of a 'start with this and use the running gear from the Tamiya Lee' type of thing.

He did a range of conversions in 1/35, and IIRC even a couple of (full kit) 1/15 vehicles  :o

I now find the Ram was also available from Resicast and Formations - all apparently OOP.  :banghead:
Still, maybe someone will think to do one in styrene - they're rapidly working their way through all the 'Napkinwaffe', so who knows?!

NARSES2

Cheers Rick  :thumbsup:

I've a very vague memory of one being available in a wargame's scale a few eons ago when I was still getting the relevant magazines ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 13, 2018, 02:29:26 AM
Cheers Rick  :thumbsup:

I've a very vague memory of one being available in a wargame's scale a few eons ago when I was still getting the relevant magazines ?

There was a set of vacform Ram and Lee hulls in 1/76, I think Armtec or somesuch?
Here's one built up:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/airfixtributeforum/airfix-1-76-m-4-to-ram-mk-i-t20553.html

Oh, here it is:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/47210/thread/1304313439/Anyone+recognize+the+name+Armtec+or+Raretank

So Armtec for the Lee and Tandair for the Ram.

PR19_Kit

Tandair, now there's a name to conjure with.

He did some superb vacforms, and I still have an unbuilt Lightning T4/5 conversion of his. It looks better than the Sword kit, even now.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Now that bottom one with the auxiliary m.g. turret is interesting  :thumbsup:

Glenn

I worked out what's wrong with my JagdPanther, it's too narrow, and the blockhouse is too low....other than that....it's perfect!
Glenn

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Glenn on January 15, 2018, 06:08:21 PM
I worked out what's wrong with my JagdPanther, it's too narrow, and the blockhouse is too low....other than that....it's perfect!
Glenn

;D

"Other than that, what did you think of the play, Mrs Lincoln?"

Sounds like you could still play around with it, as if it looks to be in proportion, it would still work as a 'filming model/bigature'

I saw some footage of a 1/2 scale Semple tank someone had built - he then filmed it with kids dressed as soldiers and the scale worked.

Glenn

This is something different....what did the Luftwaffe use to pull their flyingboats/floatplanes out of the water to service them? I'm working on a Bv 138, and it comes with a trailer/trolly but what pulled them...I was thinking of a tractor, but wheeled or tracked?
Glenn.

NARSES2

Just had a quick look through my books and can't find a single photo showing what would have pulled them ? Loads being lifted by cranes and parked against jetty's.

However finally found this

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Blohm%26Voss_BV_138_and_Heinkel_He_115_at_Kirkenes_c1943.jpg

So a truck and a tractor ?

Glenn

The truck could be a Hanomag ss 100 tractor....but the tracked tractor in front.........?
Thanks, Glenn

Rick Lowe

Probably something civilian that was 'requisitioned' and pressed into service.

Glenn

As you can see, I stuck with the T-34 to make the Jagdpanther. Buying a T-55, I found that the hull is the same length as the T-34 but, (in 1/35) 4.5mm wider....so, what do you do? You cut it through the middle and make it that little bit wider.
Glenn