Glenn's Current Modeling Projects

Started by Glenn, September 02, 2008, 12:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 29, 2018, 06:10:03 AM

I can remember the Heller Komet, but I don't think it was in that boxing  :unsure:

I've got one exactly the same, and it comes complete with a teeny tractor thingie to tow it about. And has tracks and one front wheel too, like a tracked motorbike!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Ah, the tractor didn't have the tracks then, the TRAILER did.  :o

It's a very long time since I looked in that kit box, indeed it's a very long time since I even saw it!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

It would be this one;

Which built into this;

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

What a fascinating looking device, I'm sorely tempted to get up in The Loft, find that kit and build it.

With RAF roundels of course, even on the tractor thingie.  ;) ;D

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Can you get a 1/72 figure of Capt Eric Brown ?  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 30, 2018, 06:31:13 AM
Can you get a 1/72 figure of Capt Eric Brown ?  ;)

In 1/72 I'd reckon there are a few figures that could do a reasonable job, possibly with a little surgery.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Glenn

Originally I bought this Merkava for the tracks....as they were used on the JagdPanther from Band of Brothers, and ever since have looked at it and wondered what to use it for?
Well, finally, the penny has dropped...CLANG!! Let you know later!
Glenn

With the Komet and Vampire I thought a Vampire with Komet wings and tail for RAF/Luft '46 and the Komet fuselage with Vampire wings and tail booms. The Germans had some designs with twin booms........and the RAF fighter....a DH Viper.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Glenn on August 30, 2018, 06:48:26 PM

With the Komet and Vampire I thought a Vampire with Komet wings and tail for RAF/Luft '46 and the Komet fuselage with Vampire wings and tail booms. The Germans had some designs with twin booms........and the RAF fighter....a DH Viper.

Excellent ideas there, I'm looking forward to seeing the results.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 31, 2018, 04:49:28 AM
Quote from: Glenn on August 30, 2018, 06:48:26 PM

Excellent ideas there, I'm looking forward to seeing the results.  :thumbsup:

Me as well  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn

Now, construction is finished....less spinning prop, the decals will soon come into play. Having a choice of French Navy or R.N. ....WHICH DECALS WOULD BE EASIER TO GET HOLD OF?
As Revell sell the Sea Venom, (X Matchbox) and I can't think of any French 1/32 sc aircraft with decals up to 1956....looks like the Sea Venom...it is.
Glenn

Although any markings could be done by hand....

Glenn

The Rogozarski IK-3 fighter on it's way to being finished. I won't worry about the pilot (at present) as I don't know a vac-former to do the canopy....but I do have a three blade prop and spinner. (the right size)
Glenn
Model Veron Hurricane..converted
Scale 1/24

Tophe

Nice IK-3, so rare...

Quote from: Glenn on September 08, 2018, 07:10:45 PM
I won't worry about the pilot (at present) as I don't know a vac-former to do the canopy....
Will you paint the glazed parts in black colour? as did tsrJoe then myself... ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

zenrat

Chocolate?

Or something less pleasant...  :unsure:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Glenn

Ok, this is my Stug 111 and a photo of the real one from Band Of Brothers. Using an early Stug, I had to rebuild the whole body work.
Glenn