T

Mosquito Miscelleany

Started by The Wooksta, September 03, 2008, 10:47:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 03, 2008, 03:10:26 PM

A Griffon Beaufighter with Shackleton engines and contraprops would look really cool.  Right, I'm copyrighting that one!  And I've got the relevent bits to hand.  I've got a Merlin Beaufighter together anyway.

Lee, after messing around with my Nottingham, I think you'll find the Shack nacelles will fit the Hercules Beaufighters better as they're about the same diameter.  I've got a Merlin Beaufighter and the nacelles are quite a bit thinner.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

nev

Interesting selection Lee.  Curious to see the range of paint schemes they'll receive...
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

ysi_maniac

Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 03, 2008, 03:14:13 PM
Quote from: Aircav on September 03, 2008, 12:48:41 PM
The Radial Mosquito looks like it's wearing boxing gloves  ;D
Nice bit of conversion work.

That's the only way I think a radial Mosquito would work and I think the concept is just wrong anyway.  The other thing I'm really tempted to try for a laugh is a mosquito bomber but with Hornet wings and engines.

Will you delete the in board radiators?
Will die without understanding this world.

van883

I wondered if we'd see your Mossies (!) They are really impressive
I MUST pull my finger out and stop doing real world stuff

Van

sequoiaranger

I was at RAF Hendon a few weeks ago and took this photo of the nacelle of the late-war Mossie there (sorry--don't know what version it was  :unsure: ).  I notice those resin nacelles look a lot like them. Hope it helps.
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

sotoolslinger

Wooksta, I am really diggin all these skeeters :wub: :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

GTX

QuoteA Mosquito with an offset canopy and buried radar gadgy.  Well, they had to get the idea for the Sea Vixen from somewhere!

Can't wait see the final product!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Sisko

Man they are coming along nicely. I am always impressed by you ability to work on so many kits at once. I am a very focused modeller and find other projects can distract me to point where I drop the other build completely.

Funny when you mentioned that you sometimes stop when you prime the models. I am the complete opposite. Once paint is on I must finish.......

I like the idea of the griffon powered mossie with contra props. Would look good in folige green and RAAF markings.

Operating out of darwin, straffing and bombing japanese shipping. Damn now I have to find a suitable mosquito kit. :wacko:

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

DaFROG

hmmm mosquito you say..... beaufighter you say...... RAAF you say.......
hmmmmm......some kind of wartime expedient mixup of the two (strategic materials and all that) made in australia?

(un)fortunately I have a mossie and a beaufighter in 1/32 scale :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
i could make two aircraft, one could even have floats (torpedoes, turrets, strangely angled tail surfaces, radars, rockets and large calibre guns would be a given)