Fouga Magister/Zephyr Ideas

Started by Mossie, September 04, 2008, 04:27:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on September 19, 2008, 09:51:48 AM
Quote from: Mossie on September 19, 2008, 04:44:00 AM
Mind you, like you mentioned Weave, there's the cool factor of military jets converted to bizjets! :ph34r:

Ya mean like the Learjet?  ;D

Swiss P-16, progenitor of the Learjet:

Wow - that's an impressive model: I could never find the time for something like that, even in the unlikely event of me ever acquiring enough skill.....

I really like the P-16: since anything a German ever sketched on the back of a fag packet seems fair game for an injection kit these days, it's high time someone did a P-16 kit for us mere mortals...

What I meant by the CM-191 et al being cooler than a Learjet is that their blown hoods makes them still feel like military fighters, whereas the "standard" business jet (of which the Learjet is just the usual example) feels more like a mini-airliner. I suppose the latter would apply to the P.1128 really, although with two Avons, it's performance should still have been exciting!
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

jcf

Quote from: Weaver on September 19, 2008, 12:15:35 PM

What I meant by the CM-191 et al being cooler than a Learjet is that their blown hoods makes them still feel like military fighters, whereas the "standard" business jet (of which the Learjet is just the usual example) feels more like a mini-airliner. I suppose the latter would apply to the P.1128 really, although with two Avons, it's performance should still have been exciting!

I guess then that you'd like the proposed family model of the T-2 Buckeye.  ;D

Room for four and carrier qualified, who could ask for more?  :cheers:

Jon

elmayerle

If we're talking bix-jet derivatives of trainers, don't forget the bix-planes variants of the MB.326 that AerMacchi studied (MB.328/329/330 series of studies).  The kept the basic wings and tail surfaces of the MB.326 and added a new fuselage and engine nacelles; 328 and 329 were turboprops, 330 used two CJ610s like the early Learjets and the prototype Falcon 10.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Weaver

Okay, I gave in to the inevitable: another Airfix Magister is currently winging it's way to me courtesy of the ebay fairy (actually, she's sat kicking her heels in the local sorting office until I can get down there to pick it up, Royal Mail having achieved their usual level of service.... :rolleyes:)

It will be done in Israeli trainer colours as a "Super-Tzukit" in support of my Trainers-with-Teeth single-seat Magister, which needs an advanced Israeli version in the back story to free it up for conversion and export. The original idea was that the Israelis bought out the CM.90 programme for a song when it got no takers, but the same could just as easily be said of a whiff swept-wing version.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

GTX

Maybe a RAAF/RAN Magister instead of Macchi???

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Weaver

Just found the ideal improved canopy for the swept-wing Magister: 1/100th Tomcat  :party: :drink:

The Tomcat is a crappy Chinese(?) job that I only bought to nick the wings from, so it's no sacrifice. :thumbsup:

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Oh man - did some on-line research about Magisters tonight and came up with a whole bunch of interesting stuff.

1. Fouga artwork showing a conventional tail version:

2. The CM 171 Makalu. All I can find on this apart from the pics is a single line to the effect that it was a high-altitude version.

3. And just when you think you've had an original idea........

:rolleyes: I can find out even less about this one - it's a CM-195, but that's it.

- Indiana Jones

GTX

Maybe ask on Secret Projects for some further info.  Nice finds though, especially the CM-195.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Weaver

Quote from: GTX on December 06, 2008, 11:27:49 PM
Maybe ask on Secret Projects for some further info.  Nice finds though, especially the CM-195.

Regards,

Greg

Way ahead of you...... ;D

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Secret Projects has turned out to be the usual goldmine: Jemiba and Archibald have come up with some fascinating stuff here:

http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,1448.0.html

(you have to be member to see the pics, but it is soooooooo worth it unless you actively hate aircraft..... ;D)

Finds include CM.175 (and possibly 176) single-seat attack version (sigh, you try to be original..... :rolleyes: ;D), and CM.178 twin turboprop COIN aircraft..... :blink:

- Indiana Jones

Daryl J.

When seeing the CM-171 pic for the first time, the thought that came to mind was "The French have a base to develop something like a U-2".

Daryl J.

Archibald

King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Weaver

Yeah my first thought was "U2", but then my next one was "and do what?" : it's got no room for serious cameras...

- Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Archibald

and you're right! The SE-1010, first flight october 1948... sole prototype entered a flat spin one year later, killing the crew  :huh: (where's the crying smiley when you need it ?!!)
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.