8x8 Iumentum

Started by Macal, September 05, 2008, 01:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytown2010

this looks like something Oshkosh would build  :thumbsup:. and the level of detail on the engine!!!!! how did you make that distributor (or ECU?) without going nuts?!?!

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Macal

Quote from: ytown2010 on September 12, 2008, 05:11:59 PM
... how did you make that distributor (or ECU?) without going nuts?!?!

How said that I'm not gone nuts, got crazy?  ;D :banghead: :blink: :drink: But it wasn't so difficult as it looks...First of all, You have to cut little disks from the frame of the sprues. Furbish them with sandpaper (on a table) or with a flat rasp to get flat sides on the upper and downer part.  After that scracth a line on the bottom of the disk, and glue a thin wire into that scracthed furrow and glue the hole stuff to the place You want...
Made this method several times You want, and twine the wires as You like, to get more life-like and complex look. :)

Btw, just exhausted my batteries in may camera, so new pix'll come a few hours later :)

Macal

Hey !!!

Here comes the new pix :)

It's painting time !! :D :D :D

The power equipment today...

New lamps :) From an IG Soldiers bag, so it looks likes it has a protective cover...

The new door :) (I didn't like the first I made...):

BlackOps

Really enjoying your work  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

B777LR

Looking cool! Do you have the needed figures? I can trade a few figures and a motorbyke if you need :cheers:

Macal

Quote from: B777LR on September 13, 2008, 08:51:56 AM
Looking cool! Do you have the needed figures? I can trade a few figures and a motorbyke if you need :cheers:

Hmmm...Thanks! What kind of figures do You have? Pls, send me pix! :)  :cheers: :drink: (macal@freemail.hu, (that's my msn also))

sotoolslinger

Macal, yesterday at the Dallas/Ft.Worth Supercon I had a couple of 10-15 year olds come by. After looking at all our airplanes and spaceships they asked if anyone did vehicles especially WH40K :wacko: I of course , went immediately to this thread....... ;D After they got up off the floor and dried off they rushed out to begin buying parts :wub:
So just know that you are internationally inspiring the youth of America to kitbash and scratchbuild whiffs :wub: :bow:
I amuse me.

Macal

Quote from: sotoolslinger on September 14, 2008, 07:30:57 AM
Macal, yesterday at the Dallas/Ft.Worth Supercon I had a couple of 10-15 year olds come by. After looking at all our airplanes and spaceships they asked if anyone did vehicles especially WH40K :wacko: I of course , went immediately to this thread....... ;D After they got up off the floor and dried off they rushed out to begin buying parts :wub:
So just know that you are internationally inspiring the youth of America to kitbash and scratchbuild whiffs :wub: :bow:

Wow!!!  :rolleyes: :ph34r: :wub: :thumbsup:

I never thought that :) So, It's became beneficial that i've started modelling  few years ago... :)
Thanx man! I just can't quit smileing :D

Macal

Front Bumper, details added...And som Xtras, like the reel and it's parts :)

Macal

Hi Guys!

Had a little build on the engine roof, and a little painting job under it :)
It'has been made openable, so when the model has to travel, I'll close, when it's stain home, or in competition, It'll be opened :)

sotoolslinger

One of the best scratch builds ever :wub: :wub: :bow: :bow:
I amuse me.

Macal

Hi there!

Just finished the painting of the engine roof and the back door on the platform:

Mossie

Macal, I'm not only impressed wit the scratch building, but the speed of which you build.  For a project built totally from scratch, with nothing as a basis, you're moving at a very fast rate.  And this for someone who hasn't been in the hobby long!

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Macal

Hi there Mossie!

Thanx for the comment:) :thumbsup:
My first scratchtbuilt model was built for 2 months, it was very hard to make it, but it was "self propelled Gun" called "Procurator Titan Hunter" (http://users.atw.hu/macal/procurator.htm, sorry, at the moment is only in hungarian, I plan the english translation, I've just posted the link for the images :) ) and made for warhammer40K also.... But I've learned very much about scracthin' so my second scracthbuilt model was made twice fast as the first one. :) (http://users.atw.hu/macal/LRTE.htm)
Now, after a few scracthed projects, I can work with more difficult forms, and can build faster then before, cause I can see how can I make the parts easier and faster :)
A little help to improve Yer skills:
Thinking Training Training Thinking Training...
Macal