RESISTANCE IS USELESS or Meet Hog 2

Started by HOG, September 06, 2008, 06:10:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sotoolslinger

Well that's just nifty :thumbsup: I don't care what the technical term for you is but keep being it :wub: :bow:
Oh and the sci fi stuff ARE the "serious" projects ;D
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

BlackOps

Really looking good! Love the shape, a nice bit of creativity you've got going here.  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

AeroplaneDriver

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Ed S

Another incredible use of junk to make a fine model.  Good job!!

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

HOG

Quote from: sotoolslinger on September 08, 2008, 01:44:26 PM
Well that's just nifty :thumbsup: I don't care what the technical term for you is but keep being it :wub: :bow:
Oh and the sci fi stuff ARE the "serious" projects ;D

I don`t think the terms so much technical as pyscho-medical   ;D
G
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

dragon

That used to be a blood glucose meter, wasn't it?  :bow:
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

HOG

Hi Dragon

No just an inhaler minus the lid on the left. That was used in the Flying sorcery GB

cheers  :drink:
G
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

HOG

Hoyhoy`al
After the last pics, a rub down with 1200 wet n dry wet and worst of scratches removed. Trouble is while one half of me was working out the next airbrush colour, the other half is three steps ahead and thinning down some black oils and getting a runny wash going. Next some enamel gunmental and silver dry brushed on bits. After the graphite powder came out I just laid back and went with the flow.

Obviously in the last pic the leg I broke off needs repositioning. Next a trip to London for some acrylic varnish to fix the graphite then some more washes and reentry scorching etc.
Incidently the base is in the process of painting for the Me109X build and the drums and cans are sceanic scatter for the spring clean build.
More as and if/when
Cheers  :drink:
G
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.

HOG

Patience little big one. The farce is strong in this one.
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.

HOG

Hoyhoy`al
Along with the 109`s I`ve been fiddleing with this and made a few changes. The little bulges on the side have now become slippers on the landing legs and new bulges added as  bustle tanks.

The cooling fins on the engine have been moved to suit and a little cleaning up and I`m ready for final paint.
In the past I`ve tried the `salt` method to show worn paint but without much success, to going to try again with this whif wip.
Comments Etc as usual
Cheers  :drink:
G
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

Brian da Basher

I like the slippers, HOG. Is a pipe and smoking jacket next?
;)
Excellent work and more fun than Cable TV!
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

BlackOps

I like the changes, especially the slippers :)
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

AeroplaneDriver

What a GREAT looking spacecraft!  I love this build!   :wub: :thumbsup:
So I got that going for me...which is nice....