RESISTANCE IS USELESS or Meet Hog 2

Started by HOG, September 06, 2008, 06:10:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

ysi_maniac

Did not you noticed that this guy in MAD ?
Love your model, really. :wub: :banghead: :wub: :banghead: :wub:
Will die without understanding this world.

HOG

i am not mad.i am not mad. i am not mad. i am not mad. i am a teapot. i am not mad. i am not mad. i am not mad. i am not mad.i am not mad. i am not mad. i am not mad. i am a teapot. i am not mad. i am not mad. am i not mad.  i am not mad.i am not mad. i am not mad. i am not mad. i am not mad. i am not mad.i am not mad. i am not mad.
Anyway here`s WIP 1/2 way through painting, hopfully looking like re-entry burns hurt and finished in as promoised very very off white.
Over the silvers I did use salt as promoised as a mask more of which later. After the salt and water had dried I blew over a coat of acrylic dark blue and painted on a liquid mask in wavy wandering lines. A word of warning, a friend of mine (friend?) gave me a bottle of Ameroid eazy mask as I`m unable to get any Humbrol liquid mask locally. Reading the instructions it said I could cleanup with water which it did very well, the Humbrol mask has ruined more brushes than I care to count. Then I sprayed the model in black enamel. After the paint had dried I stuck the whole thing in a bowl off water and removed the salt wih a soft brush. Now I`ve seen some incredible models ,usually of Japanese a/craft, using the salt method but for me it just don`t work. It either dries as a lump or the chipped paint effect is just to small to be noticed, but at least I`ve given it another go. The bottle of Ameroid states if the mask wont move try lifting with a wet knife blade. This wouldn`t shift it either and when it did come away it took most of the acrylic paint with it hence the blue tints on the model. Anyway another lesson learnt.
Well the next couple of days should see the painting done, and I think for a change I`ll do a little dio`and add a figure  ;D
Comments as normal and I`m quite thick. (skinned that is)
Cheers :drink:
Gary
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

sotoolslinger

I don't know what your bitchin bout :huh: I think it looks frakkin cool  :mellow: just the right amount of beat all to heck :thumbsup: And you are not either a teapot. Possibly coffee ;D
I amuse me.

Mossie

I think I know were your coming from Gary, it's not the result you expected, but on the other hand it still looks good.  The blue maybe hints at some previous paint job or an exotic coating of some kind?

Then again, I know that even though everyone esle can think something looks good, when that's at odds with the picture in your head it's still not easy to accept!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Ed S

The results may not have been what you were aiming for :banghead: :banghead:.  But it sure looks like very realistic wear and tear on that thing.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Brian da Basher

You've captured the look of worn metal perfectly, HOG! I'm beginning to wonder if there's nothing you can't do. Incredible!!!
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

lancer

Quote from: Brian da Basher on October 11, 2008, 01:22:52 PM
You've captured the look of worn metal perfectly, HOG! I'm beginning to wonder if there's nothing you can't do. Incredible!!!
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Like I said - Modelling god!!!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

HOG

Hoyhoy`al

"And you are not either a teapot. Possibly coffee"  COFFEE nowsya talkin`. Me just like Easyrider/Steppenwolf, Born to be Wired.  :mellow:
"HOG! I'm beginning to wonder if there's nothing you can't do." Well I can`t fly, yet, but with comments like Lancers my head will swell and I might be able to manage floating.  ;D

Well if you liked the above pictures, you will probably enjoy the next batch. Continuing with the modified paint job of yesterday, I`ve tried to give the impression of severe re-entry burn (As the Bishop said to the actress) with black paint mainly remaining on the top surfaces and panel lines with the filler burnt out. As mentioned a little dio base just 3 inches square, and now working on a figure and a suprise in the vein of Hitchhikers Guide etc.

And finally a view around scale figure height.

Enjoy, Cheers  :drink:
G

"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.

cthulhu77

Completely whacky, and absolutely stunning, I believe.  Very nice metal work.

HOG

Hoyhoy`al

Long time no input. I`ve had brief visit to the old witch doctors at the Hopisotol, so no work done there, (they seem to frown on paint on the sheets, no sense of humour or priorities!). When they finaly decided I was going to carry on breathing regardless they let me home to find my `puter`s 2nd hard drive had crashed and all my work was gone  >:( ,8 years of research on the net wasted, bloody   >:(  :banghead:  .

Anyway this is something I started before life`s little surprises and if you only like long legs on women (or maybe men) don`t look any further. It`s built from some sprue, bits of brass wire and talcum powder in Johnson`s Klear with some small ballbearings for the `eyes`.

The armature for the legs was thin brass wire bent up and added to a couple of pieces of thickish sprue for the body. the bumps and bulges were built up on the rough frame with talcum powder ( lavender flavour) mixed into some Klear and painted on, left to dry and then built up further to the required shape. A sort of slap on sand off in reverse. A dremel round router was used to make recesses for the balls and they were glued in. Incidently on the forum somewhere is a request for cheap acrylic paints and this was painted up from those little bottles you find in craft shops at around a £1 GB which I normally use for dio` bases. So another dio accesory built for peanuts from scrap.

All comments as per the norm,
Cheers  :drink:
G

ps The aforementioned peanuts are what I am now eating by the bucket load as an attempt to give up smoking.

(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

cthulhu77

Awesomely Awesome !!!!!   A fantastic fantasy piece !   :cheers:

sotoolslinger

That is beautiful :wub:(if your into that kind of Thing) Glad you are out of the Horsepistol. Condolences on the death of your hard drive.
I amuse me.

philp

Those last pics just raised the question.

Is it just visiting or is that the pilot?
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies