RESISTANCE IS USELESS or Meet Hog 2

Started by HOG, September 06, 2008, 06:10:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SSgt Baloo

Quote from: philp on October 25, 2008, 05:08:11 PM
Those last pics just raised the question.

Is it just visiting or is that the pilot?

Yeah! I was thinking the same.
Not older than dirt but remembers when it was still under warranty.

Ed S

Brilliant!!! That really sets this piece off.   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Daryl J.

I *love* it!       :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Have you seen the picture of the dinner plate sized spider eating the bird the BBC was circulating earlier this week?   This vignette reminded me of that and gave me a bit of a visceral chill.   :blink:

Having seen this, can one look at a deodorant container the same ever again?   Or a nylon stocking egg?  Or..........

:cheers:
Daryl J.

HOG

" Or a nylon stocking egg?
   Daryl J."

:blink: ??  :unsure:  :o

aND PE0PLE 5AY i`M W!ERD  ;D
:drink:
G
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

Daryl J.

.......the things we buy for our wives  :blink: :blink: :blink:......but I digress..... 

Daryl J.

noxioux

madness or brilliance?  Who can tell?

This piece, however, is brilliant! :thumbsup:

Brian da Basher

Adding that spider is a masterstroke, HOG! You've rendered it perfectly for this little dio. It's such a wonderful treat to see you update this incredible project and I'm glad you're back home and hopefully on the mend.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

BlackOps

:wub:   :bow:   Brilliant work! Love the spiderish alien critter!!!
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

HOG

Hi BlOps,
Like your new dancing balls, their perfectly in time with LedZepp `whole Lotta Love` and they reckon I work my little guys hard.  Don`t know why but they reminded me of the out-take where John Walton jnr says
" did ya have to hang em up by the balls on the christmas tree".
Not very funny I know,  but its just the image of John`boy saying it.
Cheeers  :drink:
G
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

HOG

Hoyhoy`al

For Philip & SSgt Baloo`s questions TIS DUN.

And as a subtitle "Looking for an early lunch"

Back Story
The colony vessel S.S Titan.1c was enroute carrying colonists to their new home when it was struck by a huge asteroid of frozen ice which defeated the sensor system by its non metallic content. At the time of the incident space marine Joe Thudd was about to have dinner and this was his last trip, awaiting discharge on his arrival and reunion with his family, and attired in the dress version of the MARS suit went immediately to the life capsules on the order to abandon ship. Due to his military status he was able to comandeer a Goblin capsule, part of the off-board armament of the paramilitary mothership. He had intended to try to rally together the other civilian escape capsules and using his ships superior sensor system overide theirs towards a hospitable planet and be able to secure their safety with his limited armament upon planetfall if needed. Unfortunately due to a system failure when he tried to search for the nearest safe planet, his ships systems imediately went into autopilot leaving the other capsules behind, eventually landing him on a desert world far off the normal shipping lanes.
MARS suit
Marine Armour Reactive System. A combat suit with reactive impact system and limited ablative laser defense.
The suit has an internal reactive foam which upon impact by a projectile forms a solid shield stopping penetration, the harder it hits the quicker the wall is created by employing the heat upon impact. The projectile dosn`t penetrate but brusing and broken bones can occur. The exterior of the suits surface has limited deflective qualities to lasers but continued exposure will eventually erode this surface.
The shoulders, upper back, elbows, cuffs and head have padding which help protect the soldier in falls, nil gravity and when wearing the exoskeleton fighting frame.
In use the large collar is turned up, which attatches to the hat leaving a narrow vision slot, and gloves,which are carried in the trouser pockets, fix themselves to the cuffs of the jacket. Attached to the hat are on the left, a coms link to the command net and on the right a multi function camera. On the left cuff is a screen that will show what the camera is `seeing`and on the right controls as to function, zoom infrared etc.
The MARS suit is regarded to be the marines best friend after his firearm and it is often said of it "A Mars helps you work rest and recycle out of the combat zone.

Enjoy all
Cheers :drink:
G
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

BlackOps

Gary, great way to finish off a kick donkey project!  :wub:  :bow:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

philp

Ok, not original but I thought they were good the first time.

"I've got a bad feeling about this."

or

"My Spider-sense is tingling."
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Ed S

BRAVO.  Looks great.  This is one of the best examples of well worn metal finishes I've seen.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheers:

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.