I'd love to steampunk this:

Started by Daryl J., September 06, 2008, 09:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daryl J.

The track might get replaced with largish steam tractor metal wheels but this is an odd duck to my eyes, in many of the right ways of course.

Daryl J.

Maverick

mmmm Landwasserschlepper   :wub: :wub:

I wanna do one as a Riverine Gunboat for the Wehrmacht in Russia.

Gotta love something so, well, yeah....

Regards,

Mav

puddingwrestler

DAMN! The APC of choice for the San Tortan Marines (San Torta is so wet that they don't have an army, only Marines)

Does a kit exist? Please tell me a kit exists! And it's affordable!
Of course, the STMC version would obviously be fitted with modernised weapons - possibly Miniguns and missile tubes.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Maverick

Hobby Boss has also released one, altho there's some debate amongst the treadhead JMNs as to which is the more 'accurate'... Either way, one (or both) will get themselves into my stash at some time.

Regards.

Mav

luft46models

Personally I just want to add torpedoes to the sides - would look even more ridiculous , actually maybe on top for that E boat look  mmmmm

William in Oz 

jcf

Quote from: luft46models on September 07, 2008, 09:29:21 PM
Personally I just want to add torpedoes to the sides - would look even more ridiculous , actually maybe on top for that E boat look  mmmmm

William in Oz 

Ya mean like the torpedo armed version of the Japanese Ka Tsu amphibious transporter?

;D

Jon

jcf

Quote from: Daryl J. on September 06, 2008, 09:21:51 PM

The track might get replaced with largish steam tractor metal wheels but this is an odd duck to my eyes, in many of the right ways of course.

Daryl J.

Paddle wheels, as the hull and superstructure look more like a Rhine steamer than an AFV.

jon

Weaver

Could've sworn I saw a 1/72nd or 1/76th kit of this on ebay the other day, but I can't find it now. It might well have been by Mirage, since I tend to get deluged with their AFV kits when I'm searching for the jet fighters.... :rolleyes:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Aircav

The other German amphib is the Panzerfahre which is my favorite
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Howard of Effingham

amusing!

i hear henristan has a dozen on order!  :thumbsup:
Keeper of George the Cat.

Doc Yo

I like Steampunk...

I've seen the Squadron listing for the LWS...it ain't cheap, but apart from PM kits, what is these days?

dragon

It wouldn't look out of place with some Dahlgrens and a Gatling...Of course you would have to add a large shark mouth too :bow:
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

sotoolslinger

Wow  ;D those would also make dandy basis for bolos :wub:scaleorama'd
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

cthulhu77