Grey Pride F-107

Started by Ed S, September 13, 2008, 07:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiidantomcat

great paint with a very "plausable" look too :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

nev

Quote from: gooberliberation on October 02, 2008, 08:36:19 PM
I tell ya, hill2(is that what it's called?) has got to be one of the most underappreciated schemes ever. :thumbsup:

That's because its rubbish ;)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Ed S

As discussed earlier, the F-107 won the competition with the F-104 to become the standard fighter for a number of NATO countries.  It eventually became one of the most widely used fighters in the world.  But by the 1990's they were being replaced by newer fighters, primarily the F-16.  The Italians were one of the last users of the Ultra-sabre.  Along with a number of upgrades, the F-107's eventually received a modern paint job of dull grays.   In 1991, a squadron of F-107's were sent in support of operation Desert Storm.  They primarily flew battlefield interdiction and support missions.  The example shown here is carrying a typical load of Mk20 Rockeyes and AGM-65 Mavericks.

The markings are from an Italeri F-16 kit.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

The Rat

:bow: :bow: :bow: What more can one say?
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Brian da Basher

Outstanding work, Ed! You've weathered this F-107 to perfection!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Scooterman

Glenn Gilbertson

Deino

Incredible ... very nice one !

I still have the plan to change the intake & cockpit ... something like this !!

Cheers, Deino
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
-
W.H.Auden (1945

sotoolslinger

Dang that turned out beautiful. :wub: Superb work :bow:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

ChernayaAkula

Wow! A real beauty!  :wub:

Deino, that looks pretty cool. Sorta like a "Eurohun".  :lol:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Ed S

Thanks guys.  I appreciate all the kind words.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.