Grey Pride F-107

Started by Ed S, September 13, 2008, 07:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Ed - that looks brilliant - well done!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Deino - the original proposals for the F-107 had exactly the arrangement you suggest. The intake was only moved to the dorsal position after wind tunnel tests showed interference problems between the intake lip and the conformal nuke.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Damian2

She is stunning Ed, the gryes really set the odd airframe configiration off quite well.

:thumbsup:
D
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

noxioux

That's awesome.  I guess I'll just put my F-107 in the trash bin now. . . :bow:

MartG

In the words of Bruce Almighty - beee-yooo-tiful  :wub:
Murphy's 1st Law - An object at rest will be in the wrong place
Murphy's 2nd Law - An object in motion will be going in the wrong direction
Murphy's 3rd Law - For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction

Aircav

I did a bit cut and pasting a while ago but this was as far as it got, think your looks better and all the best with the model
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

noxioux

pics of the original F-107 concept seem to be rarer than hen's teeth.  Here's one I found while researching the very same conversion:

ysi_maniac

^^^^^
Rare and cool :mellow: :thumbsup: :mellow: :thumbsup:

BTW: Brilliant execution! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
Will die without understanding this world.

Robert

I've got some info about the F-107 on my website, including drawings of the NA-211 and NA-212 proposals that led up to the prototypes.

noxioux

Good info Robert.  Thanks for sharing!  I like the 3-views especially. :thumbsup: