15 Seconds of Fame

Started by luft46models, September 17, 2008, 02:21:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luft46models

Well I'm finally published - I have an article in the September SAMI - it's not a whif article but as it is about German radars as least it's not the usual sort of article they do. Please let me know what you think. I submitted the article way back in February so it's nice to see it in print.

William in Oz

Ps tsrjoe please pm me

nev

Ahh, that was yours was it?  Cannot believe you did all that EB - I nearly went blind last night with just 2 hours handling a pre-painted fret!
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

NARSES2

Ah you're the culprit  :lol: I enjoyed the article, out of the ordinary and interesting
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Madoc

William,

Hey!  That looks mighty familiar!

http://luft46models.com/manufacturers/other/wurzberg.shtml

:)

Glad to see you in print!

Madoc
Wherever you go, there you are!

luft46models

Thanks everyone,

I don't think I did any session that lasted 2 hours - these kits taught me patience - any time I started to lose it I just walked away - when it's so expensive and fiddly you just do what you can do easily then go away. Also there is nearly ten years between the two kits.
I must admit that sometimes I did multiple sessions in a day but no session was much more than an hour.The funny thing was when I finished the Wurzberg before painting my wife loved it and was dissapointed that I was going to paint it grey and not leave it in the lovely shiny brass :rolleyes:

Regards

William in Oz

Doc Yo

Congratulations on the article, and forgive my ignorance, but what is SAMI? and is it available in the states?

elmayerle

Quote from: Doc Yo on September 19, 2008, 01:43:58 PM
Congratulations on the article, and forgive my ignorance, but what is SAMI? and is it available in the states?

SAMI = Scale Aircraft Modelling International - it's very much available in the states, I've found it in both Barnes & Noble as well as Borders; heck, in Wichita, KS, it was even in the supermarkets (well, Dillon's supermarkets, anyway).
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Taiidantomcat

Congrats on being a published author!! :thumbsup:

SAMI is great. My LHS used to rip off the covers on the older (a few months) mags and give them away, now they keep the covers on and charge a whole dollar for an excellent publication. If i didnt get it so cheap at the LHS i would subscribe in a heartbeat the only other mag i subscribe to is Finescale Modeler, and would be perfectly content with just those two forever.
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.