MiGina The Second

Started by sotoolslinger, September 18, 2008, 12:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sotoolslinger

Well heck this is just typical :banghead: I just found out this morning that this GB had been extended .I got the point of installing the Gina nose on the MiG when my company called :banghead: I have to be in Fresno, Cali.Monday am :banghead: So here is where she sets at this point

If I have time I plan on finishing it like this

But the backstory will be that Texas aquires them from Venezuela in exchance for future fighter developments so it will have RoT markings :wacko:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Ed S

This should be interesting.  I'm curious to see how you get these fuselages to match up.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Arc3371

This WILL be interesting and be careful with the knee

sotoolslinger

Yep I will be interested to see how I do that too ;D :blink: But heck I made a Typhoon nose fit on a Hellcat :rolleyes:
I will be careful with the knee .It's far from 100% but I should just be pointing at stuff and giving directions  :thumbsup:
I amuse me.

The Rat

Quote from: sotoolslinger on September 18, 2008, 12:46:18 PM
Well heck this is just typical :banghead: I just found out this morning that this GB had been extended .I got the point of installing the Gina nose on the MiG when my company called :banghead: I have to be in Fresno, Cali.Monday am :banghead:

Well, just tell 'em no! Sheesh, I don't know why I always have to come up with these ideas.

I can see a lot of putty in your future, that step is vicious.

And get rid of those ciggies, they'll stunt your growth. Stunted mine but I won't tell you where...
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Weaver

Eeek! Competition!  ;D

Like everybody else, I want to see how you're going to blend these two: looking at the profile, I'd have said the Migina 2 just had the G.91 nose cone stuck straight onto the MiG intake and the canopies swapped, but hey, it's your fecking model, right?  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

pyro-manic

I see a socking great cannon muzzle sticking out of that gap.....
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Brian da Basher

If I had to match that nose with that fuse, what I'd do is cut the intake off the Gina nose and just let the bottom of the fuse act as the intake. In that shot it looks like the rest of the Gina nose would match up better that way.

Your mileage may vary...
:cheers:
Brian da Basher

sotoolslinger

Well the gina cockpit sets much farther forward than the MiG's .It looks to me that Arc's profile has the cockpit moved forward so that is what I was going for ;D :huh: :blink:
I amuse me.

John Howling Mouse

Heh, heh, heh: PSR to infinityyyyyyyy!!!!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Sauragnmon

Geez, if I had gaps like that, I'd break out the bondo.  Fill the gaps, blend the curve on the nose into a single smooth bump, smooth it to the fuselage, sand, cut the lines, drill the gunports.  Hell, I did similar work on the Kiev II, had to square off and fill out a section of the bridge deck so I could mount the Kashtan.  My bondo and I have become well acquainted since I started work on the Udaloy II project.  I had to rebuild part of the aft superstructure, and we've worked together on a few other small gap filling spots.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.

Sauragnmon

A wise modeller fears no putty, instead he practices zen and is one with the putty.  You've got a little bit of work ahead of you to smooth that join out, but it should be quite impressive when she's smoothed out and finished.  I look forward to seeing it.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Weaver

Oh I frequently become one with the putty...............

(and the glue, and the tape, and the paint, and the craft knife blades, and the drill bits................. :unsure:)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Sauragnmon

Yeah, I know that feeling, Weaver.