MiGina The Second

Started by sotoolslinger, September 18, 2008, 12:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arc3371

I wish I had your skill and patience

sotoolslinger

Thanks Arc but you got skills I will don't and as is obvious from this GB we need both ;D :wub: :thumbsup:
Now to keep me from having to stop sanding and puttying ....Would a MiGina be concurrent with wingtip Sidewinders :unsure: :blink:
Assuming that the Rot acquires the MiGina design from Venezuela sometime during the late 50's early 60's and either rebuilds or copies them as a subsonic ground attack /troop support aircraft would they be equipped with Sidewinders for defense?
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Arc3371

Wingtip sidewinders would probably look great, as for the back story thats up to you

sotoolslinger

Cool  :mellow: I didn't know if Sidewinders had been invented that early.
Here is todays progress .I got up early enough to put another layer of putty but I had to work today :banghead:
So when I got back to the motel I PSR'D and slammed on a coat of primer so I could see where I was :blink:
Then while I was waiting on paint to dry I fully assembled the wings (full disclosure... the MiG-15 I got at Supercon was partially built) the  wings were put together (without flaps or landing gear doors) but already had the drop tanks installed. I will make the DT'S cannon pods.

I amuse me.

BlackOps

I look at the way you do your body meshing and putty work and all I can say is you are one fearless modeler! I haven't got the guts to do all that PSR, I'm always afraid it won't come out. I am in envy of the way you can make any parts work together!  :bow:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

sotoolslinger

Fear not :blink: If it don't work you can always start over. :party:That , of course , is flippant :banghead: Models are frikken expensive and so are putty and glue and .....etc :banghead: But this entire site is about artistic expression and for that you must bleed :wub: :wub: :wub:
I amuse me.

BlackOps

Well I'm trying to make sure that bleeding isn't from an ulcer!  ;D  When I screw I usually screw up big and tend to not be able to fix it without going crazy.  :banghead: I think a big part of my problem is that I have limited time and so many projects in progress and waiting in the line-up that I tend to want to rush the PSR process which isn't usually a good idea.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

sotoolslinger

Effin A Skippy ;D The downfall of us all..... rushing the product :blink: The best modelers on this site some times take years to finish project. :wub:
I am not even in their league. I just slam the shapes together and hope for a good outcome :party:
I amuse me.

Weaver

Making good progress Toolslinger - keep plugging away away it!

I CAN'T rush things because after about an hour of fiddling with fiddly things, my patience snaps and I have to walk away before I break something: this is why I'm up to the wire on every GB so far.

I don't see why wingtip Sidewinders shouldn't work on a MiG-15 wing. Tip rails can cause aeroelasticity problems on swept wings, but the MiG-15 wing is relatively conservative, i.e. wide, thick and not that swept. Here's an idea: instead of having them evenly spaced on the tip, why not have them set forwards (i.e. with their tail fins level with the trailing edge), so that they act as anti-flutter weights?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

sotoolslinger

I think that would look cool ;D :mellow:
I amuse me.

Brian da Basher

You've accomplished the PSR magnificently, Toolslinger! I really like that primer black. Have you considered turning this beauty into a night figher?
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

sotoolslinger

Nope that would be icky :rolleyes: Besides I need practice airbrushing camo ;D
I amuse me.

sotoolslinger

It is official that I will not be able to finish this build for the GB deadline.After I work all day I have to have a meeting with my boss tonight so I will not be able to do anything on this till tomorrow. Mods please move this thread to current and finished projects.
I amuse me.

sotoolslinger

Hey ya'll .I actually got to do some work tonight......More PSR. She is getting there

But as you can see I have some more to do .She is to the point where I can add the wings (got one on) but I will also need to PSR the wing to fuse joints

I haven't even test fitted the tailplanes yet
Please move this thread to Current and Finished Projects ;D
I amuse me.

sotoolslinger

Another wing on

More smoothyness

+ I added gun bulges
I loved the niftyness of the cannon fairings that the greatest of Weavers added to the MiGina so I ,of course ,had to steal ;D :wub:

This thread needs to be moved as ya'll can see I ain't near finshed :thumbsup: :party:
I amuse me.