MiGina The Second

Started by sotoolslinger, September 18, 2008, 12:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sauragnmon

Very freaking cool paintjob, man... very freaking cool.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

sotoolslinger

Thanks Saur ;D It is nice to have time to work on something :banghead:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

sotoolslinger

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
I could have sworn I glosscoted this :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
I used Scotch/3M blue tape masking :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Tinted the canopy .......ripped the effin paint right off :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

The frakkin yellow brown color is a custom mix which ,of course ,I will never be able to duplicate :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
I amuse me.

BlackOps

OUCH! Now that freakin' hurts  :banghead:  Dagnabbit!  :angry:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Ed S

Aaaaaaaggggg,  The pain.

Just be consoled that you're not the only one to have had such a disaster.  It's fixable, it just takes some time.  Good Luck.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

sotoolslinger

Yeah ,thanks y'all ;D I will fix it. It's enamel on enamel. I guess I just didn't let it dry long enough . My head hurts :blink: :huh:
I amuse me.

Brian da Basher

I think the fix here is to paint out the brown with that yellow, assuming that's not a custom mix too.

I feel your pain, compadre.
:banghead:
Brian da Basher

Scooterman

DAMNIT!  I HATE it when that happens...... :banghead:
Good luck with the fix.

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.

Ed S

Looking good.  Nice recovery.

:thumbsup:

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

bexwh773

Nice recovery there Toolslinger my friend  :bow:  Although, instead of repainting, you could have just weathered it perhaps?  With what youve done here you could give some kit manufacturers lessons on how to make parts fit. I know Im late for the party (Hey Girls are ALWAYS late for parties so nuh  :blink:  ) and shes nearly done, but, one idea to stash away for the future, how about Overwing Sidewinder rails?

Bexy
Becky aka Bex

Weaver

Quote from: bexwh773 on October 22, 2008, 01:46:48 AM
Nice recovery there Toolslinger my friend  :bow:  Although, instead of repainting, you could have just weathered it perhaps?  With what youve done here you could give some kit manufacturers lessons on how to make parts fit. I know Im late for the party (Hey Girls are ALWAYS late for parties so nuh  :blink:  ) and shes nearly done, but, one idea to stash away for the future, how about Overwing Sidewinder rails?

Bexy

That would actually fit well with the many and large wing fences that the Ruskies are so famously fond of.....  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

sotoolslinger

I had actually thought about that to the point of looking it up on Jaguars. I do in fact have a couple more sidewinders in the stash :wacko:
I amuse me.

Brian da Basher

Nice save, compadre! I actually like the re-done paintwork better!
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

sotoolslinger

Thanks bubba ;D Here's an update
I DID HAVE TEETH :wub: :thumbsup:

Now she got REAL teeth :wacko:

I amuse me.