Saur's big bunch o' Stuff - now featuring more than ships! Black Eagle/Harrier!

Started by Sauragnmon, September 19, 2008, 04:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

The right hand side one works for me, seems just right for a semi-arid environment.  The middle seems too bright, the left hand side one looks quite blue in the pic.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

pyro-manic

Seconded. The mid and left ones aren't drab enough. Should look good!
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Sauragnmon

Thanks, guys - I was figuring the Right one was the choice as I painted them out, but I wanted some other opinions to add to it.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

philp

I also like the right one but the one on the left would look cool with a light grey instead of the tan.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Sauragnmon

Yeah, I think the left one looks more blue, and would be better off over a gray as something more marine in operational use.  Right would be the ideal.

That light green in the middle, I'm just tempted to try and find Something for it.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Mossie

I've got a book that has a Dominican Huey in a dark olive drab with a mint-green disruption pattern.  High contrast might work in a similar way for your bright green.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Sauragnmon

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: Sauragnmon on December 09, 2009, 09:48:19 PM

That light green in the middle, I'm just tempted to try and find Something for it.

Agreed don't let that go to waste, its too cool.
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Sauragnmon

Alright... it's been a little while, and I've been a little bit busy.  I've got two items to post here that should be rather interesting.  First up, the present I got for my wife for Christmas - back when Mossie put up his Starscream Eggplane, my wife saw it, and thought it was adorable, so I bought one for her - being that she loves black and red, I thought Schwarze Squadron from Ace Combat would look just about right.  The Bort number on the nose is her favourite, 69, and she Insisted on it, so on it went.  Here we go, Pics!

And now to the other piece of work - I thought of doing this back when I first saw it in Sentinel Chicken's posts.  The Shenyang J-10, the massive delta winged Foxhound-esque Interceptor.  It's not been finished, owing to motivation, but I mated the wings from a CF-105 in 1/72 to the fuselage of the Old Revell Foxhound, clipped a little off the top of the tails to give it the J-10 square-tops and kinda went for a modern-esque scheme on it.  The spine was purely hypothetical, as I wanted something other than the one tone of grey on it.  I figured the Old Revell Foxhound looked Vaguely like a Foxhound, and the J-10 looked Vaguely like a Foxhound, match made in heaven.  Pics!

As always - questions, comments, queries and rude remarks are welcome, invited, and appreciated.

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Sauragnmon

Dankeshon, herr Moritz - took a fair ammount of putty around the wings to smooth the joins over.

chrisonord

Right Simon.......... :lol:
I am going to attempt to reply to this post again and hopefully it will stay here :unsure:
I am really interested in how your J-10 works out as it really does look the part. It is very similar to what I want to do to a Mig-25 I have in the stash, so watch with great interest shall I.
As for the egg plane, that is definitely as mad as the box of frogs!!! It looks really fetching in those colours too.
Nice one Simon!!
Cheers
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Mossie

Great job & lovely combination of colours, glad to have inspired something that jumps out of the screen like that!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sauragnmon

Thankyou guys, it's nice to have a few more comments on things.  You created a monster, Mossie - she'd love to have the whole collection now, though it gives me convenient choices for birthday presents and the like.

Chris, as to the J-10, long as I keep with the inspiration, it shouldn't take too long - canopy, nosecone, payload, markings and she's done.  The markings are going to be the painful part, as they're PLAAF markings.