Saur's big bunch o' Stuff - now featuring more than ships! Black Eagle/Harrier!

Started by Sauragnmon, September 19, 2008, 04:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

My brothers lad has some pyjamas for when he stays over with us that are pretty close to that, seriously!  Nice work on the dazzle pattern. :party:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

chrisonord

Now that is looking astounding Simon  :thumbsup:
I am looking forward to seeing the finished colour scheme that's for sure.
So I can pinch it!! ;D ;D ;D
Cheers,
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Sauragnmon

Thankyou, gentlemen.  There's still another colour to go on for additional splinter patches, with its own highlights, and I'll likely be adding some shadow effect on the grey as well.  Sort of a Dazzle meets Angolan Three Green, meets Swedish Splinter effect.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Silverfox

I love this - the concept as well as the camo pattern are awesome. Keep it up!

sequoiaranger

Can't wait to see more.
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Sauragnmon

Well, the top surface camo has been finished, thought I'd share it with you folks...

As always, gents - questions, comments, queries and rude remarks are welcome, invited and appreciated.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Silverfox

I think it's awesome - it looks like something from an Ace Combat game, and that'd meant as a big compliment!
It could be an 'ace scheme', almost. I really like this!

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

lancer

That is one dazzling  cammo simon. Hell you need sunnies just to look at it.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Brian da Basher

Sisko

Quote from: Sauragnmon on February 23, 2010, 06:04:42 PM
Well, the top surface camo has been finished, thought I'd share it with you folks...

As always, gents - questions, comments, queries and rude remarks are welcome, invited and appreciated.

Awesome camo job!!!

Can't wait to see the finished product!
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

chrisonord

That camo scheme is completely hatstand!!! ;D
I like it, and it is deserved of the mad as a box of frogs trophy :lol:
Cheers,
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

pyro-manic

Good grief, that gives me a headache just looking at it! Excellent. :thumbsup:

One suggestion - what about adding a stinger (or even twin stingers a la S-37 Berkut), to balance out that looooong nose? Those tail booms would be the perfect place for such an addition.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Sauragnmon

Thankyou, gents - I got the inner plates for the intakes fitted today, along with the canopy, though it'll take some putty to fit the windscreen to the fuselage.

Pyro, your idea is a great one, and I would love to, unfortunately, the engine cans aren't fitted yet, and the Saturns will stand out a fair length, which makes for problems with any tail stingers - That, and if you look at it, the long nose pushes the shockwaves forward, and shifts the Center of Gravity, which also means the Area Ruling is slid further back, lending the aircraft more speed optimizing.

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?