K

Fw190 racer at MM!

Started by K5054NZ, September 19, 2008, 04:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K5054NZ

Goshdarnit, I knew, just knew I shoulda finished mine first!  :banghead:

Spotted at the Kalamazoo IPMS show recently. Bravo! Loving those clipped wings and the U/C doors.

jcf

No matter how you paint it, the D model is still ugly, one of those lipstick on a pig situations.  ;D :wacko:

Now a round engine 190 unlimited racer would be very cool and much more attractive.  ;D

Jon

kitbasher

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on September 19, 2008, 08:27:36 PM
No matter how you paint it, the D model is still ugly, one of those lipstick on a pig situations.  ;D :wacko:

You need your eyes checking, mate!  The radial 190 nothing other than pugnacious, but the Dora is handsome.  ;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

jcf

Quote from: kitbasher on September 21, 2008, 04:08:15 AM
Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on September 19, 2008, 08:27:36 PM

You need your eyes checking, mate!  The radial 190 nothing other than pugnacious, but the Dora is handsome.  ;D ;D

Sorry mate, the Dora series are fugly.  ;D  ;D

Seeing the Flying Heritage Collection's D-13 parked next their svelte and lovely Ki 43-1b only reinforces the kluged together look of the Jumo engined 190s. An annular radiator and straight sectioned fuselage stretch may have been, respectively, efficient and quick, however neither is aesthetically pleasing.  :banghead:

The annular radiator is also the Do 335's only unattractive feature.  ;D

Jon