Main Menu

Avro Atom

Started by Weaver, September 20, 2008, 02:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian da Basher

Looking good Weaver! The 'pit is very nicely done. Can't wait to see more!
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Weaver

Cheers Brian!

Do the straps look okay?

Instead of painting them with enamel, I washed the yellow Tamiya tape with two shades of brown ink so that it looked a bit more textured like real webbing. I then painted another strip with chrome silver enamel stuck it across the first one at 90 deg, and drew a black line next to it with a fineliner. Then I cut the belts across the join, so that they had raised silver buckles at the end.

I think they're a bit glossy, on reflection......
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Brian da Basher

What struck me right off about that 'pit was the seatbelts, Weaver. In the pics, they stand out nicely and the various shades of brown add to the realism. Thanks for sharing your technique!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

John Howling Mouse

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Weaver

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on January 10, 2009, 08:57:10 PM
Update?

Patience Sir! Do I sling tools? Is my name Brian? Those folk, and others equally productive, have skill and confidence pushing in the same direction whilst I have only pig-headedness and fear struggling eternally against each other! (A psycholgist could get their PhD studying the amount of "displacement activity" I have to do before getting started on anything...  :rolleyes:)

Anyway, here's some sanding. I have no idea where the black bit came from - such are the mysteries of Putty-Fu....

Meanwhile, on the other side of the Gnat's little world, the Battle of the Bulge continues:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

sotoolslinger

Hey Weaver you should have no fear of ripping up a project your skills stand right up there with anyone on the board ;D :wub: :thumbsup:
She's loking just like all projects do when you first start slinging putty .....except your cockpit is good :lol: unlike mine which are basically there to fill the hole :banghead: :banghead:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Weaver

Cheers Ron - the cockpit is actually non-existent: just a seat in a black hole....

More PSR and some detail in the u/c bays. I decided not to go with the decal detail route when I realised I'd have to glue "though" it when I fixed the u/c legs in, and that would probably screw it up.

This probably isn't going to get much attention for a while because of all the group builds that have started....

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Actually decided to start making progress on this one again after two years: I blame working on Nimrod, where that would be considered breakneck speed....

Anyway, wings on.  :thumbsup: Patchwork wings for a Patchwork World plane! The uppers will get a thin skin of yet more Evergreen over this stuff, which is basically there to cut down on the volume of filler needed.

I never did like the MiG-21 undercarriage I was planning to hack about, but time has increased the available pool of donors significantly, so it will now have 1/100th scale F-15 gear. Not sure whether to have the Gnat nosewheel or the MiG one yet....

Quote from: The Rat on January 04, 2009, 06:17:47 PM
Quote from: Weaver on January 04, 2009, 06:01:55 PM
Okay, this got stalled because I couldn't do much more until I got the fuselage together, which meant I needed the seat, which I made and painted up quite nicely, which I then lost, which I then sulked about for a couple of weeks.... :rolleyes:

So here it is with seat Mk.2 installed, which means...

... which means that now you'll find seat Mk.1!  ;D

Lookin' great, keep the pics coming!

Uh-huh - picked up the box and out it fell..... I must have been through that box, piece by piece, twenty times..... :banghead:

- Indiana Jones

Ed S

Looking good.  Definitely reminds one of a "mini-Arrow".

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Weaver

Cheers.

Wing top strips now on  ;D, mucho PSR  :rolleyes: and a split seam  :angry:. Such is Whiffery.....

- Indiana Jones

sotoolslinger

Very nice  :wub:More :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

ysi_maniac

Reverse reference to Avro 727: http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,26876.0

BTW, I love your result, for the time being :wub: :wub: :thumbsup:
Will die without understanding this world.

pyro-manic

Fantastic! :wub: This is shaping up to be a real looker.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Weaver

Cheers Folks!

PSR, PSR...... :rolleyes:

- Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Looks like a horizontal Ryan X-13 Vertijet, but lots prettier.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit