The Wing is the Thing

Started by Maverick, September 25, 2008, 03:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maverick

G"day Gang,

Italeri have re-released the X/YB-35 which I'm sure will be some good news for many out there in Whif-land.

http://www.modellversium.de/kit/artikel.php?id=3786

Regards,

Mav

puddingwrestler

Huzzah! Another way to blow my money! :thumbsup:
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

sotoolslinger

Not to crow too much but I paid 15 bucks for my original at Supercon ;D
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Jeffry Fontaine

Quote from: sotoolslinger on September 25, 2008, 04:05:49 PMNot to crow too much but I paid 15 bucks for my original at Supercon ;D

Do I detect a drive by GLOATING ? :) 

Actually, the price you paid for your AMT-Ertl copy of the XB-35 was most excellent.  I suspect the Italeri kit will be selling for about the same price as the recent B-52 kit that has been released under the Italeri brand name. 
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

sotoolslinger

Sorry  :rolleyes:I couldn't resist :blink: It doesn't do me any good to own it as it is way too big to bring on the road with me and I have no idea when I'll be back home long enough to actually work on it :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
I amuse me.

Joe C-P

When you're thinking of buying this, remember it is a big model. I have one, not yet built, and I'm not going to have a place to put it on a shelf, so I'm going to raise the gear and hang it from the ceiling.
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

elmayerle

I can only hope they bring back the YB-49 kit, too.  I want to get one and mod it to the airliner configuration, or possibly a freighter derivative of that airliner.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

sotoolslinger

Well at least I will have lots of time to decide how to whiff it ;D :rolleyes: :blink:
I amuse me.

sequoiaranger

N9M on top of a B-35/YB-49?
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Nick

I saw this in Modelzone yesterday for £32.99 :blink:
I'm sure I've seen the original release at shows for £15 and I know I sold my XB-49 for £12  :banghead:

Best bit is that the box is much smaller for the stash. It's not the great long box of yesteryear but now a deep thick box based on the size of the central fuselage and wing segments.

Mossie

Quote from: sotoolslinger on September 25, 2008, 07:01:35 PM
Sorry  :rolleyes:I couldn't resist :blink: It doesn't do me any good to own it as it is way too big to bring on the road with me and I have no idea when I'll be back home long enough to actually work on it :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

A suggestion would be to make a couple of rods to fit the outer wing panels to the main model.  You can get the type of brass rod & tube that fits into each other easily from hobby shops.  To make the fit tighter, you could add a pair of Magnets too.  Just remove the outer panels for the road, pop them back on when your at the show.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

kitnut617

Quote from: JoeP on September 25, 2008, 07:31:05 PM
When you're thinking of buying this, remember it is a big model. I have one, not yet built, and I'm not going to have a place to put it on a shelf, so I'm going to raise the gear and hang it from the ceiling.

Yup! it is quite big, packing a completed one for house moving presents it's own problems, the base plywood sheet here is about 32" square:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

sotoolslinger

Coooool pic  :thumbsup: Please lets see more pics of both of those big bad boys :wub: :wub:
I amuse me.

kitnut617

Thanks,. but unfortunately they're still packed away and in storage.  I haven't seen them in almost 20 months now.  :blink:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

sotoolslinger

I feel horror and disgust..... at myself  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: I have been building models for 30 + years  :blink: The ones I still have have been posted on this site already :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
I amuse me.