The Mad Scientist's Mad Draft

Started by Sauragnmon, September 25, 2008, 05:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sauragnmon

I'll definitely consider it, the lettering is a possible thought.  I have seen pics with the panels and the roundels/flag, but I just don't have the confidence in myself to pull it off, not to mention I only really have one shade of red right now, so I couldn't make the red of the flag/roundels stand out on the red of the panels.

I also did, if you look, a trial hit to try and do a Have Glass canopy on it, using my vallejo Natural Wood transparent coat, applied light and mostly dabbed off with a paper towel.

I'm not entirely sure, but I've got a feeling I should run an anti-glare strip on the nose as well, and I'm a little torn between jet black, or outlining another red patch.  Red's good for antiglare, as it's the colour the military uses on flashlight filters for night operations, the lowest effect on the eyes.  Thoughts?
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Weaver

How about a black anti-glare panel with red edges?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Sauragnmon

Red Edging wouldn't stand out so much.  The vermillion patches against silver didn't have much contrast, and they dulled down until I put the black edge on them, at which point they truely stood out.  I'm not even sure with the slope of the nose, if I'd need to make that alteration.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Weaver

Okay then, how about top half of the nose black, bottom half red with a black line? Orange or red is the standard colour for flight-test intrumentation boxes, so this would further suggest a test-ship with FTI instead of a radar set.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Sauragnmon

A bit of last minute, if infidel, inspiration to make it just that little bit more Egyptian, to be seen in a second.  Punch the clock, this puppy's done!

What're those?  Eyes of Ra?  Of course, it's an Egyptian bird!  Everybody! Fly like an Egyptian... *sings*

And a Kh-31?  What are those? R-77's?  Oh that's right, baby, there's more Russian on this than the Engine!

For the naysayers, here she is, you can see the shadow of the Kh-31 under it, there's a ground clearance on it, not much different from the Mirage F1 with the Iraqi Tank.  Just go easy on the stick, and she's gravy.  Lucky the gear folds forward!

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Sauragnmon

Thanks STS - the intakes were fun to rebuild, that's for sure.  Then came the putty-fu.

Weaver

Eeek - no bumpy runways for that loadout, although they could always fire up the Kh-31 for a short take-off.... :wacko:

Nice model and good concept - well done!

- Indiana Jones

pyro-manic

That's very cool. The eyes are a great touch. :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Brian da Basher

Love the eye and the da-glo panels, Saur! Nice work!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Sauragnmon

Thanks, guys, it was a fun build, and I like the end results.