1/76 SdKfz 234 APC variant "Gazelle"

Started by Gunbird, September 26, 2008, 05:41:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunbird

Hello to all, first post for me, not 100% sure if a wargaming model fits in with a forum such as this but why not, it's a what if with a big grain of salt anyway :)

The original idea is not from me, but from a fellow wargaming forum member of mine, Rhys, who has an entire army built around 1946 what ifs and his own creations. I've been wanting to copya few for a very long time to supplement my E-25's, so this is number 1 of the lot I'm going to build. Pretty easy to make too.

Kit used is the former Matchbox and now Revell 234/2 Puma.

Well, hope you like it

Weaver

Hi Gunbird - welcome to the forum!   :drink:

Don't see any reason why a wargames model shouldn't fit in - it's a model, isn't it? Anyway, since it's a Matchbox Puma, you can always stick it on it's baseplate and call it a diorama.... ;D

I like the model very much: it's a sort of German version of the Saracen APC really, isn't it? Just a thought - maybe the turret should be offset to the right a bit, to give the driver a bit more space? Just my twopenn'th....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

ysi_maniac

I like your mod!

BTW: I agree with Weaver in all points.
Will die without understanding this world.

B777LR

That creation was born to be posted here! :thumbsup: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

sequoiaranger

I could use one of these when I battle for groceries on sale at my local supermarket!!  An armored compartment to keep sticky fingers out of MY "basket"--and an intimidating gun to scare away little kids!

A crude example below!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

sotoolslinger

It absolutely belongs here. This is What If .  ;D What if that bad boy really existed :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Macal

Hi!

Nice Intro Pal! I like your conversion :)
Btw. It's in the right place  :drink:
Welcome!
Keep it up!

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Sauragnmon

Hear Hear, that sucker was born to be on this board.  Looks beautifully well done!

I agree on the turret, either offset to the right off the driver, or behind him a little would be your best bet.

Probably wouldn't carry a full squad, but she could do it quite quickly, and the fully enclosed design is good as well.  Improved protection, even if it limits return fire.  Only suggestion I might make would be redesign the back door so it's a twin door design, as the drop hatch would have been harsh, and it's not a horrible step up into the vehicle from the ground.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Sisko

I like it!!!

Nice to see some armour what if's among the plethora of aircraft. I really like the design.........like a 40's LAV.
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

NARSES2

That is really nice. Looks like something the Czechs might have done in real life
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gunbird

Thank you very much lads, nice to hear you like it.

I've taken the comments to heart and offset the turret to the right so the driver can drive without a piece of steel lodged in his neck. Also added some quick hinges, still need to add a handle to the top of the hull so they can actually open the cover.....

Oh, and the back isn't a fold down door, it is a split door that swings open....I carved a line in it which isn't picked up very well in the picture.

Some improvements:

Working on her 5 sisters now, thinking about adding 2 more...that is if the shop has any left.

Scooterman

I'm not an armor fan, but I keep coming back to this and damn it looks soooo right!
Very nice!

Oh and welcome aboard!

cthulhu77

Most excellent !  Love the idea, the offset turret really works well.