Black and Yellow, Yellow and Red Squadrons

Started by Taiidantomcat, September 27, 2008, 01:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

French Securite Civile

F-16's from multiple nations, all with black & yellow or black & red in their markings, although the top one is the Belgian national colours rather than sqaudron colours, but the special scheme is cool even if it doesn't fit into the thread!

Illinois ANG

302nd FS, special scheme tribute to the Tuskagee Airmen

Talking of the 302nd FS & the Tuskagee Airmen, how have we missed them???
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mossie

Yet more!

149th TFS Virginia ANG

27th FIS

456th FIS

Flygvapnet pre-WWII trainer colours:

4FTS Again. Yellowjacks display team Gnats wore an allover yellow scheme, but the trail aircraft had a black tail due to the soot from the other aircraft.  I've posted a pic of Martin H's Hawk whiffs (the Yellowjacks became the Red Arrows) as I couldn't find a decent pic of the aircraft with the black tail, the real scheme was identical.

Just a question Taiidan, have you posted this thread because you just like these colour combinations, or do you have a project in mind?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Taiidantomcat

WOW Mossie those are some of the best yet! that Arizona F-16 is great!!

I found this IAF one this morning had to include before looking for more!

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Mossie

No problem Taiidan! 

338 Skv RNoAF:

336 Skv RNoAF Tiger Meet

718 Skv RNoAF

EC 2/30 AdA:

Tail closeup:

EC 3/30 AdA:

Tail closeup, but different markings.  Not sure if this has been mislabled, or just a different marking for the same squadron.

Mossie

I might slow down posting these as it's starting to take a chunk of my time!

VT-22 USN:

NASA Early log:

Canadian SAR.  Can't believe the Cannucks haven't thrown this one in, I'm sorely dissapointed in you guys!  :shakes head smiley:

3rd Chutai 53rd Sentai Imperial Japanese Army

RAF Target Tug scheme, used in WWII & the pre-war years:

Taiidantomcat

I understand Mossie, you have done great!! thank you  :cheers:

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Mossie

Awwww, who am I kidding!!!  Coudln't help myself!, a shed load of special schemes!

202 Hikotai special scheme, Nev'll be happy!

And a glut of Luftwaffe special schemes, they do go crazy for them!

JG 33 special scheme, it's more orange than yellow, but hey, it looks good!

JG 34 special scheme

Not sure of the unit on this F-104, maybe someone her can identify the badge?

JG 32 Special Scheme, one of my favourites that I've posted so far, up there with the Tuskagge F-16 & 56 Sqn Tonka.

JG 32, Tiger Meet this time:

Lothar Ritchofen's (brother of 'Red Baron' Manfred Von Ritchofen) personal aircraft, Jasta 11

nev

Quote202 Hikotai special scheme, Nev'll be happy

Good Lord, no!  Its hideous, garish, bleugh! 
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

upnorth

Here's a few I found from my own photos:

First a former Czech air force MiG-27 in black with a red, yellow and white eagle head on it:

Harrier GR.9 with 800 NAS markings

11 and 111 Squadron tornado F.3s

Canadian Forces 440 Squadron Twin Otter

My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

Mossie

Some of my own pics:

RNLAF (KLu) SAR:

Civil owned Hunter 'Miss Demeanor', has the flying fist emblem of 891 NAS RN:

'E' Flt 202 Sqn RAF SAR, it's overall yellow, but the soot guard, radome & lettering are black, so it counts!

Halifax 'Friday the 13th' of 158 Sqn RAF.  Another tentative one, Noseart contains red & yellow on the black portion of the aircraft, but cool enough to include:

849 NAS RN Gannet, posted a profile of this earlier:

Tail of 11 Sqn RAF Lightning F.6:

Just for the hell of it a Bohmerland 350 Motorbike from the Prague Technical Museum!

And one that isn't mine that I forgot to post in my last bout, a Hawk of 208 Sqn/4 FTS.  208 Sqn's colours are blue & yellow, I think that the Dragon scheme has something to do with the Welsh connection & RAF Valley?

Taiidantomcat

Leigh

You know if you mix red and yellow and black and white then take out the yellow and black you get PINK!
So where are the pinkos?

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Taiidantomcat

Mossie

He's flying over trees in autumn or he's bombed an oil refinery....