Black and Yellow, Yellow and Red Squadrons

Started by Taiidantomcat, September 27, 2008, 01:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

RPadavan2

I'm glad you got the 191st FIS F-4 from the Michigan Air National Guard.  The unit used that black and yellow scheme for multiple aircraft up to the F-16 when they were dictated to use a subdued scheme and soon after absorbed with another unit after a mission change.  The scheme was used on their F-106s, T-33s and F-16As.

F-106

T-33

F-16s

upnorth

Here's a couple of tiger birds I spotted recently:

My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

Taiidantomcat

:o :o Excellent contributions  :o :o :o

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

rallymodeller

Well, it's black and red (two of the colours specified) but 414 (EW) Squadron had the all-black "Electric Voodoo" "EF-101" back in the 80s:

And as I'm on a Saab kick these days, there was a J35XS (DK-215) that the Ilmavoimat painted up for the retirement of the Draken from Finnish service:

and Flygvapnet F10 had an all-yellow Draken which Hasegawa kitted:

There are some more Flygvapnet shcemes which might fit. Just trying to find decent pics of the actual aircraft, not the models of them...
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

Taiidantomcat

Same here on the models problem  :banghead: Love that Voodoo though. I never tire of that  :wub:

Spey_Phantom

here are some Belgians in the colors you wanted  :mellow:

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.