Hasegawa Egg Planes

Started by Mossie, October 05, 2008, 07:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

I've just found out (belatedly) that Hasegawa's egg planes are now available in the UK.  I think they were released earlier in the year in a limited capacity & quickly sold out.  Hannants seem to have a new stock.  We've been deprived until now! :lol:

I think they're a great bit of fun & worthy of whiffing, I've seen that Nev whiffed a twin boom F-86 Egg Plane.  You could have all sorts of fun by swapping parts around & adding a few parts from the bit box.

Here's a list here of all Hannants stock & all that's available in the UK as far as I know.  I think there's plans to introduce more, apart from the F-86, does anyone know what these might be?
http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/index.php?CATEGORY=&DIVISION=&MANUFACTURER=&CODE=&TYPE=&SCALE=&KEYWORD=egg+plane&NUMPERPAGE=25&order%5B%5D=arrived+desc&order%5B%5D=code+asc

Another question, are these Egg Planes just Hasegawa messin' about or do they come from some kind of animie series?

Simon.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

pyro-manic

They're not from any series as far as I'm aware. They're in a similar vein to many "super-deformed" figures available, which have small bodies and large heads etc.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Aircav

Cool, been after the F-16 for ages ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

nev

Here is my EF-86T which Mossie refers to (kindly sourced by the ever-helpful Aircav)

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Damian2

Quote from: nev on October 05, 2008, 09:38:29 AM
Here is my EF-86T which Mossie refers to (kindly sourced by the ever-helpful Aircav)

Must be one of them stealth planes people bang on about!  :wacko:

D
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

dragon

Oddly enough there's precisely 12 varieties of them available.

If one took the egg FW-190 and put its decals on the egg space shuttle, is that "whiffing" or scrambled eggs?
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Aircav

Hmm....................F-16 Eggobatic team  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

noxioux

Quote from: Aircav on October 06, 2008, 10:51:47 AM
Hmm....................F-16 Eggobatic team  ;D

It would be cool to grab some of the F-16 and -18's and do up both the T-birds and Blue Angels.

Mossie

Good look masking the T-Birds scheme!!!  You know, make a few minor changes to that F-86 of Nev's & you've a real world XF-85! ;D  I wonder if that's how they were inspired?

A fairly simple conversion would be a Hawker Typhoon or Tempest from the P-40.  Make minor changes to the intake & tail, add cannon & the canopy from the P-47 & Bob's your Uncle, Fanny's your Aunt!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

philp

There are also some Resin Sci Fi Egg models out there.
The Eggstar
Eggs-Wing
Tiegg fighter
Beggspin Twin Pod Car

The last two are still available from http://www.2fatguysmodels.com/catalog.htm
The Eggs-wing might still be available from http://www.starshipmodeler.biz
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike