A-7 Corsair III Twin Engine (scale 1/48)

Started by G.Marcat, October 05, 2008, 09:58:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G.Marcat

Quote from: Ed S on October 05, 2008, 12:33:43 PM
****  If you're interested, here's an A-7F that I build. 
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,18731.0/highlight,a-7f.html
Ed

WOW  :bow: a scratchbuilted YA-7F.
I have a real passion for the YA-7F but I have left loose the project of to build one after to have discovered the existence of the SCALE CAST conversion in 1/72 and of the old MAINTRACK conversion in 1/48.
The Buy & Sell forums around the world are full of my ads where I was trying to purchase one of these conversions but until now the my research meet no luck!

G.Marcat

Quote from: ysi_maniac on October 06, 2008, 06:13:36 AM
BTW: A question for everyone. That P&W F100 you mention has afterburner? Did a dry P&W F100 ever exist?
Carlos, from Spain.

Honestly I don't know... I have ever heard of the F-100 with afterburner, never of a DRY version.

Mossie

Hi Graziano, nice to meet you!

I'm a fan of the A-7 too, I've always liked it's 'odd' looks.  This project is one I've never seen & your conversion looks just right.  Thanks for sharing your build & this very interesting project!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Simon
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

MartG

Murphy's 1st Law - An object at rest will be in the wrong place
Murphy's 2nd Law - An object in motion will be going in the wrong direction
Murphy's 3rd Law - For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction

noxioux

Welcome!

That's a superb entry into our mad little world here.  Awesome. :wub:

Maverick

Welcome aboard Graz,

Damn fine way to say hello!!

Regards,

Mav

G.Marcat

I started this topic in October 2008, and from then the kit was sleeping on the my  "in progress desk".

This week I have done finally an attempt to complete the YA-7X.

First a hand of GRAY Gunze FS-36375:

Today the first step of the DIGITAL CAMO:
FOUR HOURS of happy modelling only to cover the first layer of paint.

Mossie

Four hours!  :o  I've been thinking of a similar scheme for a current build, I hadn't quite anticipated it take so long!

Looking forward to seeing this scheme! :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

ChernayaAkula

I think I really like where this is headed! :wub: :thumbsup: Hadn't noticed the ECM pod halves on the flanks earlier. Pretty cool idea! :bow:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Captain Canada

Is it just me...or does the nose somehow remind one of Popeye the Sailor Man ? Who lives in a garbage can.....

Looking real good so far. And such a sexy new shape to the rear end....

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ed S

This Corsair is looking good.  I appreciate what you're doing with the digicamo. I did a digicamo on my Kawasaki T-4 during the Trainers with Teeth Group build this spring.  Cutting lots of little squares of masking tape and sticking them on the model; it's tedious and boring, but the results look great.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Jkob

Very nice work and idea, and with that digital camo will look awesome. But, in technical details, those engines would get without air fast, the original A-7 intake I think is not enough to hold those big engines. Anyways is just a little detail from a big nice work. I hope to see it finished soon.

G.Marcat

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on July 21, 2009, 05:01:57 PM
Hadn't noticed the ECM pod halves on the flanks earlier. Pretty cool idea! :bow:

It's a variation of the pods installed on the F-105G's Wild weasel sides: the ECM pod split in two  offered in the ancients ESCI boxes is perfect for the "on the wall" application!!

Quote from: Captain Canada on July 21, 2009, 06:21:45 PM
Is it just me...or does the nose somehow remind one of Popeye the Sailor Man ?

I did some tests to find a different nose; in the original version of this A-7X I put on it a CRUSADER nose but at the end the A-7X was too much similar to the Crusader.

sideshowbob9