Aircraft of different lengths...ideas?

Started by Radish, October 09, 2008, 03:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Brian da Basher

Quote from: Weaver on October 11, 2008, 09:06:05 AM
Cheers!  ;D

Now that's very twisted, Weaver. I like the way you think!
:cheers:
Brian da Basher

Weaver

Hmmmm - I'm not sure I like the thought of somebody who likes the way I think........ :huh: ;D

Anyway, what would you get if you got an earlier generation of Rochester-built flying boats drunk in order to shorten them, eh?

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Polikarpov produced a biplane called the U-2. If he'd ended up in America as suggested previously, might he have been contracted to build another sort of U2?

- Indiana Jones

PanzerWulff

HeH I just had to do one of my own hope ya like it

"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

tinlail

Rutan's first attempt at a four seat plane seemed like a nature enough progression.

Longer Ez

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

PanzerWulff

I think this one would be Obvious :blink: :blink:

"Panzer"

jorel62

Weaver

Quote from: PanzerWulff on October 13, 2008, 01:15:40 PM
I think this one would be Obvious :blink: :blink:

"Panzer"

So obvious indeed, that I've already done it! See my first post on this thread  ;D ;D ;D Your's is a good one and more believable at a glance though.

Love the Goblong....  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Keep 'em coming folks!

- Indiana Jones

PanzerWulff

Ok How about this 1n 1941 the Admiralty demands Fairey create a more compact torpedo bomber,so that the Royal Navy's aircraft carriers may carry more aircraft .with such urgent demands from the admiralty Fairey contacts the designers at Short (well if it's their name maybee they know about small things right???) after 3 months the Fairey/Short design team present their new aircraft just in time for the launch of Britan's new light aircraft carrier HMS Aquarius. The ship earns a new nick name after the crew sees their new aircraft,so begins the Illustrious career of the "HMS Aquarium & her Goldfish"

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"Panzer"

Weaver

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Slightly different tack........

When the Soviet Union started to use female aircrew during WWII, many of the pilots had great difficulty with aircraft whose ergonomics couldn't be adjusted to their smaller stature. Unwilling to disrupt their own aircraft production with modifications for a minority of aircraft, the Soviets turned instead to their American allies, and the Douglas Corporation answered the call.....

- Indiana Jones

The Rat

Quote from: Weaver on October 15, 2008, 04:26:47 AMWhen the Soviet Union started to use female aircrew during WWII, many of the pilots had great difficulty with aircraft whose ergonomics couldn't be adjusted to their smaller stature.

If they'd been culled from the ranks of their Olympic shot put team they would have needed to make it MUCH bigger. And strengthened the undercarriage.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Weaver

Quote from: The Rat on October 15, 2008, 05:48:46 AM
Quote from: Weaver on October 15, 2008, 04:26:47 AMWhen the Soviet Union started to use female aircrew during WWII, many of the pilots had great difficulty with aircraft whose ergonomics couldn't be adjusted to their smaller stature.

If they'd been culled from the ranks of their Olympic shot put team they would have needed to make it MUCH bigger. And strengthened the undercarriage.

The germ of the idea is real. They had all-female crew flying Petylakov Pe-2s, which had very heavy and unadjustable controls, and were nose-heavy when loaded with bombs. Some of the pilots had to wear wooden blocks on their feet to reach the rudder pedals, and for take-off, the navigator moved out of her normal seat, sat on the floor with her back to the control panel and her feet on the back of the stick, and pushed like mad when the pilot yelled "now"...

- Indiana Jones