Aircraft of different lengths...ideas?

Started by Radish, October 09, 2008, 03:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

In the current financial situation, even NASA is having to look for alternative sources of funding. One of the most innovative is this aircraft, modified to conduct very high altitude sight-seeing tours:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Mossie

Thought I'd through a few in of Shorts versions of Hawkers finest:

Short Shunter.  First attempt at a shortened point defense fighter.  Being Irish ;) (if Northern Ireland) they simply stuck a Hunter in an industrial press & hoped for the best.  Not suprisingly it was a failure.

Short Runter.  Second attempt at a shortened fighter, took a saw to it this time which was a bit more succesful, although was only good for quick trips down the runway before running out of fuel.

Short Punter.  Lengthened interceptor variant.  This one managed to get off the ground, but landing was a problem, as when the nose was coming down, the tail was still in the last county.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

puddingwrestler

I've got a profile of a stretch plane to go up here (not saying what yet!) but my darn FTP is not working... I'll post it from my home Laptop later tonight or tommorow morning.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Daryl J.

This thread is just weird enough it would fit perfectly in Portland, OR.   :wub: :wub: :wub:   I love it!
Does anyone have the capability to illustrate an Aaaaaaaaaaaaardvarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk? Or RDVRK for that matter?

:cheers:
Daryl J.

puddingwrestler

Because the original was deemed to easy to land. Either they've joined about ten radial engines in series or there's a passenger cabin in all that extra snoot. You decide.

Daryl J.

P-Dub, isn't that the libations tank between the wings?

Daryl J.

puddingwrestler

You're thinking of the Super Dooper Snootster, which is twice as long and a Zwilling to boot. ;D

I just had this vision of a Kamov Helix chopper chopped down to half the length... since it looks like  van anyway...

PanzerWulff

Quote from: puddingwrestler on October 17, 2008, 02:19:45 PM
Either they've joined about ten radial engines in series
Could you Imagine the TORQUE of that beast LOL
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Weaver

Misunderstanding the reasons for the Airacobra's poor performance, a Bell engineer sought to solve the problem by multiplying the amount of power available. Although the idea gained enthusiastic support from Allison engines, the USAAC was less keen. It has to be admitted though, that it did provide a solution to the Airacobra's fuel problem.....

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Last of a proud racing breed, the MC.472 was unfortunately disqualified from competition when it was discovered that it's nose could cross the finishing line before it's tail cleared the start line, thereby giving the plane a negative time reading, and the stewards a headache. Unfortunately, no example of this unique aircraft now exists since, whilst conducting fast taxi trials in Taranto harbour in 1939, the only prototype collided with the cruiser Fiasco, sinking the vessel by holing it below the waterline with it's propshaft assembly.

- Indiana Jones

puddingwrestler

Am I to assume it has three contra-props? It looks like it should.

Weaver

Quote from: puddingwrestler on October 28, 2008, 02:30:27 PM
Am I to assume it has three contra-props? It looks like it should.

Four, if you please........ ;D

Love the Super Snootster, by the way!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

- Indiana Jones

Brian da Basher

Weaver my good man, your Super Snootster, Airananaconda and Pinocchio are the apex of whiffery! They are also proof positive that you indeed belong here with the rest of us.

Keep up the outstanding work!
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

P.S. That bit about the cruiser Fiasco is priceless!