Aircraft of different lengths...ideas?

Started by Radish, October 09, 2008, 03:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

... and a stretched 'Boeing' 717 is an MD-90. [And as much a Boeing as my left foot......]
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

GTX

Quote from: B787 on January 10, 2010, 12:28:53 AM
How about a stretched F-111, with a larger wing? Or an Su-24 :wub: And possibly a four man crew :party:

I did this one a while back.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

PR19_Kit

Greg,

Are those WINDOWS aft of the cockpit module?  :rolleyes:

That'd make one hell of a quick executive jet!  :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

GTX

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 11, 2010, 04:15:10 AM
Greg,

Are those WINDOWS aft of the cockpit module?  :rolleyes:

That'd make one hell of a quick executive jet!  :lol:

Spot on!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

B777LR

Quote from: Hobbes on January 10, 2010, 02:18:54 AM
Quote from: B787 on September 13, 2009, 09:19:00 AM
Stretch airliners:

An-124 (will happen soon)

The An-225 is a stretched An-124...

...but with 50% more engines, and a wrong tail, and a fixed nose. So it won't do...

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 10, 2010, 01:31:49 PM
... and a stretched 'Boeing' 717 is an MD-90. [And as much a Boeing as my left foot......]

No, differences are very great. The 717 has the wing from a DC-9-30. The MD-90 has a revised wing from an MD-80. The MD-90 has V-2500s, while the 717 has RR/BWM somethings.

Mossie

Quote from: B787 on September 13, 2009, 09:19:00 AM
Stretch airliners:

Concorde

Just messing about, Daddy, Mummy (common or garden Concorde) & Baby.

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: B787 on January 12, 2010, 10:10:00 AM
No, differences are very great. The 717 has the wing from a DC-9-30. The MD-90 has a revised wing from an MD-80. The MD-90 has V-2500s, while the 717 has RR/BWM somethings.

Oh for goodness SAKE!  :banghead:

Very great my foot! Those are mere quibbles in the grand scheme of things, anyone who wasn't a died-in-the-wool airliner nut, like you and me, wouldn't be able to tell an MD80 from a DC9-50 on a cloudy day, thus my comment about the '717' being a short-arse MD-90.         <sigh>

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Mossie on January 12, 2010, 12:08:52 PM
Just messing about, Daddy, Mummy (common or garden Concorde) & Baby.

That'd be a Longcorde then........... :)

Regards
Kit

Fulcrum

That streched IL-76 reminds me of a C-141 Starlifter!!!
Fulcrums Forever!!!
Master Assembler

B777LR

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 12, 2010, 03:17:17 PM
Quote from: B787 on January 12, 2010, 10:10:00 AM

Oh for goodness SAKE!  :banghead:

Very great my foot! Those are mere quibbles in the grand scheme of things, anyone who wasn't a died-in-the-wool airliner nut, like you and me, wouldn't be able to tell an MD80 from a DC9-50 on a cloudy day, thus my comment about the '717' being a short-arse MD-90.         <sigh>

Yes, and that makes us far more likely to do one :thumbsup:

Daryl J.

I still wants to stretch me a Cranberry.    There's some 1/48 Airfix Canberras in The Stash Already for that exact purpose.

The Vulcan might look good too.  Stretch it through the fuselage and add some rudimentary horizontal tail feathers.   :wacko: :wacko:

:cheers: (Johnnie Walker Black Label),
Daryl J.

tigercat

A Shortened B52 Would be a TUFF or a Tiny Ugly Fat Feller

Mossie

And a stretched one a HUFF, Huge Ugly Fat Fecker! ;D
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Weaver

And if you painted it pink it would be a.... nah, let's not go there shall we? ;)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

anthonyp

Quote from: Mossie on May 03, 2010, 10:39:56 AM
And a stretched one a HUFF, Huge Ugly Fat Fecker! ;D

Funny you mention that.  Back in the late 90's, the magazine Air & Space had a photoshopped B-52 that was longer, wider, and had at least six bomb bays.  They called it the "B-3" and said something like half a dozen of those appearing on radar screens of most countries would immediately make them surrender.  The editorial was trying to make the point that instead of more expensive smart weapons, maybe a return to a relatively cheap, huge RCS, huge bombload bomber might make more sense in some missions.

Wish I'd kept the magizine to scan it.  The image was neat (something like eight engines per wing).
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man