Expressions of Interest

Started by Maverick, October 10, 2008, 05:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maverick

Morning Gang,

Following on from a couple of suggestions from Forum members, I thought I would run this up the flag as it were to see if anyone salutes!

I'm prepared to offer printed & laminated artworks of the what ifs I have profiled over the last couple of years.  With a total of over 1500 now in my 'finished' folder, I guess that it's a potentially worthwhile project and, given the current nature of the AUD, a reasonable one too.

The basics of the thing will be a laminated A4 sized copy of the artwork available in my Gallery page at a cost of $10AUD plus postage.  Each artwork will be signed by myself for authenticity and also have a couple of other details that will ensure its legitimacy.

Earlier art will be modified to later standards (ie: signature block added & title block deleted) although for a nominal fee, I will also include title blocks on request.  Commission work (eg: specific changes for unit, scheme, etc) will incur an extra fee.

Postage will be at cost (eg: without 'handling' charges added) and will be avialable for international destinations in secure packaging with payment via PayPal for all transactions.

Larger orders (eg: multiples of the same subject or multiple subjects) will gain a discount that will depend on the number of items ordered.

Given that this will entail some startup costs for myself, I will state that this will be a working situation providing the initial interest is available.

Regards,

Mav

Scooterman

I'll bite!  I have NOOOO idea which one I'd like, but with 1500+ to look thru, I'm sure I can find something that I like!!!!!

Maverick

:lol:

No probs Brad.

For everyone, be aware that my current run of Finnish, Estonian & Armour subjects aren't in my Gallery as yet.

Anyone needing a list of these items, pm me please.

Regards,

Mav

Shasper

Could I request a catalog? Any number over 50 is too much for my finite mind to comprehend lol

Shas 8)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Maverick

G'day Bud,

No probs on the cat.  I'll have to modify the one I currently have as it's just a breakdown of a/c types as opposed to specifying who there with, etc.  That said, it's roughly 13 pages long so far, so I'm expecting a chunk more when I add additional data.  I'll email it soonest.

As a secondary thought to anyone else, the recent art I've done is also awaiting uploading...  Gotta love dialup!!! (and slooooooow dialup at that!)

Regards,

Mav

luft46models

Sounds good - any particular link for some samples

William in Oz

elmayerle

Well, I'm definitely interested.  My biggest problem is likely to be getting what I want pared down to what I can afford in a single order.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Maverick

G'day William,

Here's a link to my Gallery.  http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=myimages;u=472

All images are in 800pix format though the printed work will be larger.

Regards,

Mav

Maverick

Morning Gang,

After considerable effort on my part, I've modified my aircraft listing to include basic notation of the type of each profile.  From a four-column 13 page effort previously, it's now a double-column 28!!! page document.  To save emailing everyone individually, I'll post it here for easy download.  I've had to reformat it to a .txt article though so it's now just a loooooooooong single column

Regards,

Mav

Shasper

THx mate, dunno if my current fiscal will allow for extra buys but if it does . . . ;)

Shas 8)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Maverick

G'day Lee,

I agree that the market is certainly there and a book would be a great idea.  However, given the costs of startup for such a venture I couldn't see that happening at this point in time.  If, of course, this particular project & others come to fruition, it's certainly worth thinking of although it'd be a fairly weighty tome with 1600 profiles!  I'd more than likely have to break it down somewhat into a few volumes.

Thanks for the idea though.  Has some real merit.

By the way gang, the updated list with all recent additions is here.

Regards,

Mav

Maverick

G'day Lee,

In truth, not everyone of the profiles would be worthy of inclusion and I guess that a short run of a few select choices would be a good testing ground to see where the thing went.  I'll certainly keep it in mind and really appreciate your advice and input.

Regards,

Mav

Maverick

G'day Gang,

After consideration of Lee's idea of a book, I thought a nice, simple plan might be to knock up a 'booklet' type affair of a theme of pics out of the finished subjects.  My thought was to be around either the A4 or A5 size, with double-sided laminated pages spirally bound.  In this instance, I'd think that two or three aircraft per page would be a good number, so 6 items per double page with the number of total 'pages' to be decided.  Naturally, as a heavier item, postage would rise especially for anyone not here in Aus, but I'd guess surface mail would be an option too.

Once again, anyone's thoughts are greatly appreciated (Lee, I'd especially like to hear your views).

Regards,

Mav

Maverick

G'day Gang,

Latest catalogue is now up, nudging just over 1700 items.

Regards,

Mav

Hobbes

I suspect laminating every page +spiral binding would be more expensive than glue binding and normal pages, esp. if you include the postage cost.