spitfire mk9-m3 : newbie has a go

Started by Nimras, October 10, 2008, 11:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nimras

Somewhere on the Russian front
After a week of grease up to my elbows trying to get this to work I am here watching it do a low fly by and I still have his orders ringing through my ears.
"I need more planes, get me more planes. I dont care if you have to but wings on a truck get me something in the air"
that mk 9 fuselage that has been sitting there with no engine and the mig 3 has no wings so lets grab the engine, she isnt as quick but hey a couple more guns should make up for that. well I guess that I should get back and fix up something else was good to see that it flies though.

Nimras

well that has set the mood I hope , as you can guess I have used a mk 9 spitfire with a mig 3 both italeri kits. the mig engine fitted better than i thought it would a bit of bog with some sanding and it looked like it grew there, i dont have any build pic as I am borrowing a mates camera but here is the finished product the last pic is a good reason not to throw away those spare parts . hope you enjoy bring on the comments

nev

Nicely done and a real double take.

I've added your entry to the completed pics thread.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Weaver

Whoa, that is DAMN nice! Well done, and welcome aboard, BTW!   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

jorel62

kitbasher

Very good and convincing use of what I think is a very disappointing Spitfire kit.  Well done.   ;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Ed S

Good job on the Spit.  I like the way you kept the original and contrasting paint on the two major parts.  Like something that might have been a real field modification.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

BlackOps

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

GTX

Looks fast - any chance of a simple side shot?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Nimras

Quote from: GTX on October 11, 2008, 12:15:45 PM
Looks fast - any chance of a simple side shot?

Regards,

Greg
Here you go, glad you all like it and yes I have lost the mast somewhere during the photos outside bugga

ChernayaAkula

Nice kit-bash and painting! :thumbsup: The engine looks like it never belonged anywhere else!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

sequoiaranger

Loved the "smigfire".  :wub:
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

ysi_maniac

Absolutely perfect :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :bow:
love idea/concept and execution
Will die without understanding this world.