New Battlestar Galactic Vipers

Started by John Howling Mouse, January 02, 2004, 08:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Wiser

I saw the mini on the Sci-Fi Channel here in the States, and I'm a bit torn; I'm a fan of the original, and wanted either a continuation or a straight remake of the original scripts but with new actors, SFX, etc. But I'm glad SOMEBODY brought the franchise back. The new storyline and changes to the characters reflect changes since the 1970s-women in the military in combat roles, women in politics, having the characters in the military be more military, etc. And in the post 9-11 era, the premise makes more and more sense. I'm still looking for the Revell-Monogram models of the Viper and the Battlestar (if I can, I'd like to build the entire Colonial Fleet, but I'll settle for Galactica and Pegasus if I have to). Don't want to give things away for those who haven't seen it, but be advised, the Viper IIs do better in combat than the Mark VIIs. Oh, and these aren't the Cylons you got to know and hate in TOS. They are different: same goal-kill every human you find, but they sure look different. And this: the USAF F-16 community calls their planes Vipers. The USAF wanted to name the F-16 Viper, but Universal and Glen Larson threatened to sue in 1978, and the AF had to back down. And McDonnell Douglas produced a video promoting the F/A-18 in the mid 1980s comparing the Hornet to the Viper (complete with clips from the series). There was a video about the MiG-29's first Western show appearance and after the MiG-29 footage was this McAir video about the F/A-18 vis-a-vi the BSG Viper.
Treat everyone you meet with kindness and respect; but always have a plan to kill them.

Old USMC adage

Radish

I want them all!!
!/72nd, 1/48th or even monster 1/32nd!!!
Brilliant.....
want them ALL!!!
WANT
WANT
WANT
WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dum:  :dum:  :dum:  :dum:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Captain Canada

I like the II beter than the VII, but it's kinda hard to tell with those cartoon type drawings....

I'll be watchiing the shows on space..thanks !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

lancer

Can't wait until thlactica is over here on Sci-Fi. Yep, the MkII is way nicer than the MkVII, and I want the lot as well, all in glourious 72nd scale. Hmmm, wonder what they'd look like in RAF markings...56 / 74 sqdn Vipers anyone???
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

John Howling Mouse

Hee-hee, am currently under negotiations with a "genius" friend of mine to have him build my vac-form machine from my various parts!!!!

New Vipers in matching 1:32 scale to the old Monogram ones, anyone????

Ahhhhhh...
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.