1/144 Bombcorde

Started by noxioux, October 13, 2008, 07:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noxioux

Okay, I haven't done a GB for a long time, so it's overdue.  Here's the early stages of my 1/144 Concorde redone as a USAF bomber.  This will likely be in a B-1b scheme, or possibly a dark/light gray camo scheme.  I'm scratching in 2 weapons bays, and I'd sure like to work out a real cockpit, but I'm not sure on the cockpit.  We'll see.

Cutouts for the weapons bays:

Locating the bay doors:

The cat is not represented in 1/144. 

gooberliberation

Killer. Looking forward to this one.
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

noxioux

I have the weapons bays roughed in, and moving on.  Now I think I better figure out how it will be armed.  I'm planning to most likely do a fuel tank in the rear bay, and a rotary launcher with some nukes.  Just gotta figure out what type of weapons.

I abandoned the cockpit idea.  I'd like to do one, but maybe not this time.  I got part way doing one, and it just didn't look right at all.

Pics:

Hobbes

A fuel tank? It had enough fuel to cross the Atlantic at Mach 2 without extra tanks. It has a longer range (>6000 km) than the B-1. Add a refueling point (with those line graphics) behind the cockpit and you're golden, with both bays available for droppy stuff.

gooberliberation

:lol: "Droppy stuff."

I like that.
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

gooberliberation

Hows this going? Think it'll be done within the next couple days?

noxioux

It's going up right now.  I had to rush a little, but I wanted to make the deadline. :cheers:

noxioux

Well, I wish I had another week on this one, but what the heck.  Here she is.  This model also has the distinction of being my 1st model in Brit markings.  It just didn't seem right to throw USAF on it.

piccies:

Certainly not my best work.  I think I'd really like to revisit this idea in 1/72.  I think you could make a real show stopper in that scale.  I'm too ham-handed to pull it off in 1/144.

pyro-manic

That is just sexy. :wub: Love the colours, the mods, the loadout, everything. :thumbsup: Really interseting choice of colours as well - every other Bombcorde I've seen has either been Anti-Flash White or grey/green wrap-around. The EDSG just makes it look mean, like the B-1 or B-52. Love it!
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Cobra

Very Cool! I think it looks Right in RAF instead of USAF markings,Just feels Right! any plans to do an AWACS version of Concorde????? just asking. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bow:

noxioux

Quote from: Cobra on December 06, 2008, 08:50:21 PM
Very Cool! I think it looks Right in RAF instead of USAF markings,Just feels Right! any plans to do an AWACS version of Concorde????? just asking. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bow:

No plans for an AWACS, but I am determined now to redo this project in larger scale, with a few other minor changes.  The Concorde is just too sexy to leave alone.

Thanks for the comments! :thumbsup:

Cobra

No problem. just wondering, ever thought of doing your Bombcorde in a Tiger Stripe Pattern??? just asking.

Sauragnmon

Damn, the Bombcorde can look so wickedly sweet.

You know, the wing in that style looks almost like a cobra's hood.  That might make an interesting, decorative, scheme.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.